Elijah Taylor returns for Wests Tigers final game of 2018

• Elijah Taylor returns for Wests Tigers final game of 2018
    Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 28 Aug 2018, 03:59 PM

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary has named his 21-man squad to take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs for their Round 25 clash this Thursday at ANZ Stadium.

With results not falling their way over the weekend, Cleary’s side are out of finals contention but can still finish with a winning record (currently 12 wins, 11 losses) should they make it two wins from two against South Sydney this year, having already beat the Rabbitohs 22-6 when they met back in Round 19.

After a last-start win over the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles took their season total to 12 wins, Wests Tigers will be looking to record a winning season for the first time since 2011, when they finished 15-9.

Wests Tigers have been boosted by the return of co-captain Elijah Taylor, who returns after missing last week’s win with a corked thigh, but are without co-captain Russell Packer for the final game of the year.

He is replaced in the front row by Matt Eisenhuth, with Taylor returning to his preferred lock position.

Former Rabbitoh Robbie Rochow also returns to the first-grade side for the first time since Round 15 with his inclusion on the bench, where he joins fellow forwards Alex Twal, Sauaso Sue and Josh Aloiai.

Jacob Liddle, Luke Garner, Tyson Gamble and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak have been named as reserves, with final team lists to be confirmed for both sides one hour prior to kickoff (6:50pm, Thursday).

WESTS TIGERS
    1. Moses Mbye
    2. David Nofoaluma
    3. Esan Marsters
    4. Mahe Fonua
    5. Kevin Naiqama
    6. Benji Marshall
    7. Luke Brooks
    8. Matt Eisenhuth
    9. Robbie Farah
    10. Ben Matulino
    11. Chris Lawrence
    12. Michael Chee Kam
    13. Elijah Taylor (capt.)

Interchange:
    14. Alex Twal
    15. Sauaso Sue
    16. Robbie Rochow
    17. Josh Aloiai

Reserves:
    18. Jacob Liddle
    19. Luke Garner
    20. Tyson Gamble
    21. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Coach: Ivan Cleary

• wanted more players in the ISP semi

• Packer injured?

• Josh Aloiai is named in ISP as well as NRL.

• @:

Packer injured?

I think Packer has been carrying an injury for months Imo.

• @:

Josh Aloiai is named in ISP as well as NRL.

Run on run off maybe in ISP

• ForumSupporter

ISP plays after NRL since we done not much point in running on and offin an ISP elimination Semi…lol

• @:

ISP plays after NRL since we done not much point in running on and offin an ISP elimination Semi…lol

Good point 😃

• You would think if Farah and Benji were retiring that we would have heard about it prior to this match.

• @:

You would think if Farah and Benji were retiring that we would have heard about it prior to this match.

I know, I am getting worried, we don’t need another year, especially from Benji

• @:

@:

You would think if Farah and Benji were retiring that we would have heard about it prior to this match.

Agreed

• I expect changes.

• Eiso in the front row, eew.

Put plenty on the Rabbits

• @:

@:

Yeah same, i mean my opinion is that he is gonna retire along with the farah and walk out into the sunset together

• @:

@:

@:

Yeah same, i mean my opinion is that he is gonna retire along with the farah and walk out into the sunset together

Well Farah is playing on, please no Benji

Recent Topics