Farah set to play on after agreeing to terms

• Zac Bailey - Wed 29 Aug 2018, 12:49 PM
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/29/robbie-farah-set-to-play-on-in-2019-after-agreeing-to-terms-with-wests-tigers/

Wests Tigers veteran Robbie Farah is set to play on in 2019.

NRL.com understands the 34-year-old hooker has agreed to terms on a one-year extension with the club where he made his Telstra Premiership debut in 2003.

Farah played his 250th game for the Tigers in round 19 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs – the club he represented 26 times in 2017 and earlier this year, before returning to the team he once captained.

He has played 281 NRL games across his 16-year career and his decision to play on for a 17th season in the NRL puts him in line to become part of the 300-game club.

Farah has not put pen to paper on his contract as yet and the Wests Tigers have made no official announcement regarding Farah’s future.

:sign:

• I will believe it when it becomes official, however I think it’s a good move from the club. Really need Liddle to step up in the off season and go to the next level with the wealth of experience Robbie can give him. Im sure it will benefit West’s tigers.

• :brick:

• I would rather he retired to be honest but if it means he plays ISP next season i can live with it.Hopefully the contract reflects his position as no 2 hooker

• @:

I would rather he retired to be honest but if it means he plays ISP next season i can live with it.Hopefully the contract reflects his position as no 2 hooker

Don’t think so - he would expect to play 19 games to reach 300 unfortunately.

• we lost @ Leichhardt so he probably wants a do over…

• Not too bothered by this but I really dont see this as an improvement in the roster

• Shows faith in Liddle. Its all up to him now Farah has a year left in him at best. Time for Jacob to to step up.

• Ivan Cleary was just interviewed on radiosport in nz after 5 our time and has confirmed both Farah and Marshall for next year

• @:

Ivan Cleary was just interviewed on radiosport in nz after 5 our time and has confirmed both Farah and Marshall for next year

Bugger.

I really don’t see the point in extending both of them. Together, it just doesn’t work. here’s hoping they are back-ups and they aren’t needed much both together.

• Same old for next year then.

• @:

@:

Ivan Cleary was just interviewed on radiosport in nz after 5 our time and has confirmed both Farah and Marshall for next year

Bugger.

I really don’t see the point in extending both of them. Together, it just doesn’t work. here’s hoping they are back-ups and they aren’t needed much both together.

I think you’ll see Benji with a very reduced workload providing Reynolds stays injury free, Farah can easily go around another year in a rotation with Liddle.

• @:

Cheers, kiwi. Benji does look cooked but as fans we can’t make the decision for them. Hopefully it works out for us and both benji and robbie next season.

• They each have to put their substantial egos aside and realise that in 2019 they will be mainly ISP players with the occasional call up to first grade. They have great great careers but cannot, at their age, block young aspiring youngster from deservedly playing first grade. The club needs to encourage young players not block their paths with has-beens who believe that they are entitled to first grade positions.

• ForumSupporter

@:

Same old for next year then.

So not a 9 game cameo after all who’d of thought eh…

Recent Topics