Modern game is all about speed and power

Until we find some of that in the backs and forwards we are a prime candidate to go backward next season.

This year we eeked out wins, we played hard generally and defended well. We played above ourselves I thought most weeks.

However we have the worst attack in the comp and its simply because we lack good attacking players and talent across the park.

Our wingers are slow/small, our forwards are grinders, we lack speed and power all over the pitch.

IM praising this years squad in general because I think when I looked at it it was clearly a bottom 4 roster. Titans, Manly, Cowboys Raiders, have more “talent” then us in my opinion.

We overachieved this season but the grass is not looking green for next year I dont think.

The squad looks slow and pedestrian to me.

But we have signed Robbie and Benji one year older one year slower….that is 2 spots taken up ,the club is on fire !

We really need some good signings before preseason otherwise we’re just going to get more of the same… Could slightly improve with the players we have, but we’re lacking any class and won’t go far with that.

@:

But we have signed Robbie and Benji one year older one year slower….that is 2 spots taken up ,the club is on fire !

The fact they are playing on shows the cupboard is bare.

You are right. We need a couple of these players but in the end we were 4 wins from 1st place and if Robbie was available all year couls see us with at leadt another 2 meaning top 4.
Tonight wasn’t a good guide with nothing to play for we were in it for 38 minutes and then had a run of possessions against us against a team setting up for finals.

Eddie I have news for you. The game has always been about speed and power. Since 1908 in fact.

@:

You are right. We need a couple of these players but in the end we were 4 wins from 1st place and if Robbie was available all year couls see us with at leadt another 2 meaning top 4.
Tonight wasn’t a good guide with nothing to play for we were in it for 38 minutes and then had a run of possessions against us against a team setting up for finals.

This ‘if only robbie was here longer’ crap is ridiculous. He was here for 15 years for 3 top 8 finishes.
Enough.

@:

Eddie I have news for you. The game has always been about speed and power. Since 1908 in fact.

LOL.

Fair Point Mike.

I hope the coaching and recruitment staff watch tonight’s game over and over and over. Our forwards were absolutely pulverised like I’ve rarely seen before. Our so called future in Eisenhuth, Aloiai, Cheekam and Twal were monstered. We went backwards (literally) all night. SIGN SOME DECENT, BIG, STRONG, TOUGH FIRST GRADE STANDARD FORWARDS

I got a fun fact…so was the ancient game but with knuckle…

@:

I hope the coaching and recruitment staff watch tonight’s game over and over and over. Our forwards were absolutely pulverised like I’ve rarely seen before. Our so called future in Eisenhuth, Aloiai, Cheekam and Twal were monstered. We went backwards (literally) all night. SIGN SOME DECENT, BIG, STRONG, TOUGH FIRST GRADE STANDARD FORWARDS

Haven’t watch it but I’m sure Luke Brooks game management was to blame…

@:

Marty Taupau and that young fiery bloke from Penrith(the backrower)Would be ideal.

@:

@:

This ‘if only robbie was here longer’ crap is ridiculous. He was here for 15 years for 3 top 8 finishes.
Enough.

Would you swear on your child’s life that we would not have gone better with Farah as hooker in the middle of season when the hookers were worse than my Inverell Sacred Heart Convent School boy team? I had never seen that shambles in 50 years.

Even Sister Benedict with her polio leg was a more successful coach.

Its about speed and power and we have zilch.

If you aren’t bending the advantage line, drawing in defenders, getting quick play the balls then you are nowhere.

We are nowhere.