Wests Tigers sign Paul Momirovski

• Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of Paul Momirovski for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see the talented young centre join Wests Tigers from the start of the 2019 season until at least the end of the 2020 season.

A standout junior representative footballer, the 22-year-old Momirovski made his first-grade debut earlier this year for the Sydney Roosters — scoring a try in his side’s win over the Gold Coast Titans.

He has also shone in the Intrust Super Premiership competition for Wyong in 2018, scoring nine tries from his 18 appearances to date, while chalking up eight linebreaks and 47 tackle breaks.

Primarily a centre, Momirovski will add great depth and versatility to Wests Tigers squad in the coming two seasons.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Ivan Cleary said he was looking forward to working with Momirovski in 2019 and helping him take the next steps in his rugby league career.

“Paul is an exciting young player with a bright future ahead of him,” Cleary said.

“We look forward to seeing him take his own game to the next level in the coming two seasons and help grow the strong future we have here at Wests Tigers.”

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Momirovski to the club.

“Paul has had an impressive season and we look forward to him joining Wests Tigers ahead of next season,” said Pascoe. “It was great to see him make his NRL debut earlier in the year and we’re keen to see him add to that over the coming years.”

Momirovski will join Wests Tigers for the start of pre-season training in November.

PLAYER PROFILE: PAUL MOMIROVSKI

Date of Birth — 19th July, 1996

Height — 191cm

Weight — 88kg

Position — Centre, Five-Eighth

Junior Club — Alexandria Rovers

NRL Debut — Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans, Cbus Super Stadium, 15/07/18 (Rd.18)

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/08/31/wests-tigers-sign-paul-momirovski/

• Welcome Paul…Good luck!

• A little underwhelming but I must admit I have not seen him play. Maybe a good depth signing but still need a quality centre etc etc.

• just the type of signing that will make all tiger supporters, feel like next year we can challenge for the top 4, i think not, sick of fringe signings and development players.

• A replacement for Milne to offer competition for first grade. Not a great try scoring record though

• @:

just the type of signing that will make all tiger supporters, feel like next year we can challenge for the top 4, i think not, sick of fringe signings and development players.

Yep it’s the same crap each time around !

We need mongrel
    No more plodders
    No more Nuffies
    No more fringe signings

:brick:

• @:

A replacement for Milne to offer competition for first grade. Not a great try scoring record though

50% isn’t a bad strike rate for a centre but it’s less impressive when you consider he’s only had 3 try assists in those 18 games…

• I spoke to someone who knows a bit about Souths and he considers this kid to be a really good young player. Signed by the Roosters to a big contract for a junior.

• Well he hasn’t been bought to put pressure on those ahead of him because there is no one ahead of him. BUY A BLOODY ESTABLISHED 1ST GRADE PLAYER!!

• @:

Well he hasn’t been bought to put pressure on those ahead of him because there is no one ahead of him. BUY A BLOODY ESTABLISHED 1ST GRADE PLAYER!!

Love your passion Steve

Agree with you too

I do believe we are chasing players though but just having trouble convincing them to sign on the dotted line

The coaching fiasco can’t be helping either

• @:

@:

Well he hasn’t been bought to put pressure on those ahead of him because there is no one ahead of him. BUY A BLOODY ESTABLISHED 1ST GRADE PLAYER!!

Love your passion Steve

Agree with you too

I do believe we are chasing players though but just having trouble convincing them to sign on the dotted line

Your last sentence nails it imo. More uncertainty at a club that has excelled in uncertainty.

As for players not wanting to come here - how do knights and Eagles attract players? Surely we are more attractive than these clubs at the moment?

• @:

@:

@:

Love your passion Steve

Agree with you too

Your last sentence nails it imo. More uncertainty at a club that has excelled in uncertainty.

As for players not wanting to come here - how do knights and Eagles attract players? Surely we are more attractive than these clubs at the moment?

Like you said about my last sentence

Yes we are now certainly a more attractive proposition than those clubs

Or were

Until the coaching fiasco

Such a shame

We were making massive strides forward

Just have to wait and see what happens

IC may just be a man of honour after all and sign the big nameswe needto keep improving

• No…we’re not.

• Whilst i am in agreeance with Steve , who would you be thinking of signing , who is out there that is available at this point in time?

• Paul who……woopee

Recent Topics