2010 v 2011

Last night I happened upon the 2010 and 2011 Grand Finals

Saints v Roosters

Manly v New Zealand

We blew 2010 with the lose against the Roosters and then getting cheated v the Dragons

2011 we messed up against The Warriors , we led 18-0 at one stage

Which year hurts the most , which year should we have won

For me 2010 , we beat the Dragons and we would have lapped the Roosters

2010. Not even close. Should have won both finals we lost.

2010. It signaled the start of the terrible impact Braith Anasta would have on the tigers for years to come.

The tigers team in 2010 was better than the tigers team in 2011, but 2011 was our best chance. We should’ve beat the warriors, then we would’ve beaten a tired storm, and we were a better team than Manly.

2010 the Dragons were the best team (we were a close second as proven by the 1 point loss in the prelim). The difference was the halves ability to close out the game… Soward slots the winning field goal vs Benji kicking the ball out on the full at a crucial moment (this was following a stop in play, so Benji had additional time to get his positioning and angles right).

2011 for me. I came away from the semi against Saints in 2010 feeling that both teams gave it their best and it was unfortunate that someone had to lose, but against the Warriors we were the better team and just completely stuffed it! Still gives me nightmares.

@:

Saints v Roosters

Manly v New Zealand

We blew 2010 with the lose against the Roosters and then getting cheated v the Dragons

Definitely agree with your last sentence

We really blew it in our loss to the Roosters

Against the Rorters and seriously should have beat the saints

the warriors one hurt the most

Krishan Inu…. KNOCKED ON IN THE CONTEST!

Don’t get me started.

2010 was wide open, 2011 we didn’t have a great season but found some form at the right end. The refs did all they could to get us over the line against the Warriors but we botched it.

2010 IMO the team was playing better, my main concern would have been meeting Roosters again in the GF and stuffing it up. The real GF was the Tigers- Drags game.

Butthurt Roosters fans point out they beat us 3 times in 2010 but they didn’t get within a bull’s rose of Drags and beat Titans to qualify.

2011 side had more errors in them and more competitive opponents IMO, though we had improved over the Drags.

@:

Saints v Roosters

Manly v New Zealand

Stop living in the past…

Hard to win any if you are not in them.

@:

@:

Saints v Roosters

Manly v New Zealand

Stop living in the past…

There is no future with the WT’s

Our best is behind us 😢 😢 😢 😢

The football gods revealed it to me in a dream ……

The tennis ball Payten stepped on Fiffita not quite ready Jeremy Smiths knees and 5 to 0 penalty count to them early.
Feckon that side would’ve beaten Eadys ladt night easily.
Certainly 2010 with us and Saints the toughest comp to win by standard of oposition up to and including now.
But yes 2011 was a tad easier opponent wise.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.