Who would we lose?

• I need to make it clear this thread is about player retention and recruitment based on a potential coaching change.

Please assume for the below scenario that Ivan is gone and we will have a new head coach (please don’t speculate if he is leaving or not, please try focus on potential player movements).

–--------------
    Two main questions
    1. Which players would want to follow Ivan?
    2. Would those players even make the Penrith squad?

The more I think about about it Id be surprised if we lost anyone of note.

And if someone like Bennett came in, I would think that no one is really going to want to leave - if anything we are more chance of signing players we weren’t previously in the mix for.

Thoughts?

• Id be worried about Twal, he would be one Cleary would be targeting

• Possibly Marsters to Penrith along with AT as otb said….not many of our blokes would walk into their team

• I’m more worried about Ivan taking all our secrets with him.

#GameChanger

• Answer Q1) None.

Answer Q2) No. Bench at best considering Penriths squad, player that comes to mind, Esan Masters.

• Honestly who cares …there are no world beaters in this entire squad to lose anyone …what ever!

• I know it doesn’t work like this but IC would have a hide to walk out and than take players after the opportunity we gave him

• @:

Answer Q1) None.

Answer Q2) No. Bench at best considering Penriths squad, player that comes to mind, Esan Masters.

For starters I think the only players going to Penrith IF Cleary leaves next year is Matulino and perhaps Oliver Clark.
    I think Taylor would relocate (compassionate grounds) to NZ for family reasons.
    Under new coach I think it would be questionable if players such as Funa, Macqueen, Ranchow, Gamble and Che Kam would survive.

• Twal and Marsters would be the two he’d target.

• Don’t care we just need to sign Brooks.

• So long we keep Brooks, Lawrence, Marsters, Twal, Nofo, Thompson, Mybe and Matterson. Huth and Garner as backup maybe. The rest can hop on the Penrith express for all I care. And Robbie and Benji retire with dignity.

• @:

I’m more worried about Ivan taking all our secrets with him.

#GameChanger

The secret plan to come 9th every year, we must guard this with your lives.
    :roll

• Probably steal all our beasts and leave our plodders

• Marsters, Twal and Garner.

• @:

@:

I’m more worried about Ivan taking all our secrets with him.

#GameChanger

The secret plan to come 9th every year, we must guard this with your lives.
    :roll

It’s no laughing matter BT, this is serious. Our secrets are at stake.

Recent Topics