Who would we lose?

I need to make it clear this thread is about player retention and recruitment based on a potential coaching change.

Please assume for the below scenario that Ivan is gone and we will have a new head coach (please don’t speculate if he is leaving or not, please try focus on potential player movements).

–--------------
Two main questions
1. Which players would want to follow Ivan?
2. Would those players even make the Penrith squad?

The more I think about about it Id be surprised if we lost anyone of note.

And if someone like Bennett came in, I would think that no one is really going to want to leave - if anything we are more chance of signing players we weren’t previously in the mix for.

Thoughts?

Id be worried about Twal, he would be one Cleary would be targeting

Possibly Marsters to Penrith along with AT as otb said….not many of our blokes would walk into their team

I’m more worried about Ivan taking all our secrets with him.

#GameChanger

Answer Q1) None.

Answer Q2) No. Bench at best considering Penriths squad, player that comes to mind, Esan Masters.

Honestly who cares …there are no world beaters in this entire squad to lose anyone …what ever!

I know it doesn’t work like this but IC would have a hide to walk out and than take players after the opportunity we gave him

@:

Answer Q1) None.

Answer Q2) No. Bench at best considering Penriths squad, player that comes to mind, Esan Masters.

For starters I think the only players going to Penrith IF Cleary leaves next year is Matulino and perhaps Oliver Clark.
I think Taylor would relocate (compassionate grounds) to NZ for family reasons.
Under new coach I think it would be questionable if players such as Funa, Macqueen, Ranchow, Gamble and Che Kam would survive.

Twal and Marsters would be the two he’d target.

Don’t care we just need to sign Brooks.

So long we keep Brooks, Lawrence, Marsters, Twal, Nofo, Thompson, Mybe and Matterson. Huth and Garner as backup maybe. The rest can hop on the Penrith express for all I care. And Robbie and Benji retire with dignity.

@:

#GameChanger

The secret plan to come 9th every year, we must guard this with your lives.
:roll

Probably steal all our beasts and leave our plodders

Marsters, Twal and Garner.

@:

@:

#GameChanger

The secret plan to come 9th every year, we must guard this with your lives.
:roll

It’s no laughing matter BT, this is serious. Our secrets are at stake.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.