Tradition for foundation.

• Bring back the Balmain and Wests jerseys.

I know there’s plenty of issues to deal with and i know it doesn’t resonate with every single fan and that’s fine too.
    But i personally miss seeing the old jumpers i grew up watching run around, After watching the Reggies wearing the old magpies strip this year i wonder if the club directors could bring back the jerseys of old.

this is my first topic and i have no idea if ive done it right but here goes.

• @:

Bring back the Balmain and Wests jerseys.

I know there’s plenty of issues to deal with and i know it doesn’t resonate with every single fan and that’s fine too.
    But i personally miss seeing the old jumpers i grew up watching run around, After watching the Reggies wearing the old magpies strip this year i wonder if the club directors could bring back the jerseys of old.

We are not longer Wests or Balmain, we are the Wests Tigers.
    Move on don’t dwell on the past.

• @:

The old Balmain jumper will always hold a special part of me but it is not our jumper and nor should it be.You have to go with the future and not the past if you want the club to be a successful entity.

• Love to be able to still watch a couple of black stripes forming a V on gold background jerseys running around in the NRL, but that ended about twenty years ago.

• Im as Balmain as they come but don’t even like seeing fans wearing Balmain or Magpies jerseys- WestsTigers is who we are

• I’ve also got a lot of emotion towards the magpies white V and the emblem they are bringing back for next season. Unfortunatley there isnt one jersey that we’ve used as the weststigers that l feel pride about when I see it.
    Bringing back the old ones isnt the answer but we need at least one jersey thats used every year that we can identify with.

• Its seems dwelling in the past is a bad thing.
    Compared to our form and a white jersey that resembles absolutely nothing im happy to dwell.
    Heritage rounds we wore Balmain and wests strips as little as 5 years ago, Obviously we area united club, Look at St George Illawarra and tell me it cant be done.
    They run Saints jerseys all year and put the the Steelers strip on 4 times.
    I have no idea why it cant be done.

• @:

I’ve also got a lot of emotion towards the magpies white V and the emblem they are bringing back for next season. Unfortunatley there isnt one jersey that we’ve used as the weststigers that l feel pride about when I see it.
    Bringing back the old ones isnt the answer but we need at least one jersey thats used every year that we can identify with.

Absolutely- need to build a history and identity.

• @:

Its seems dwelling in the past is a bad thing.
    Compared to our form and a white jersey that resembles absolutely nothing im happy to dwell.
    Heritage rounds we wore Balmain and wests strips as little as 5 years ago, Obviously we area united club, Look at St George Illawarra and tell me it cant be done.

Thats a fair point in regards to Saints, St George kept everything really, but I think they were 75% ownwers from day dot. Same colours hep too, black and white one week then black and gold the next would be a bit odd.

• @:

@:

Thats a fair point in regards to Saints, St George kept everything really, but I think they were 75% ownwers from day dot. Same colours hep too, black and white one week then black and gold the next would be a bit odd.

Actually your wrong about St George the power and money was and is the Illawarra side , they were never getting rid of the red V … topics like this just highlight the fact that many supporters just can not move into the future .The WestsTigers are no longer a joint venture they are the WestsTigers football club and have there own identity …well I say that light heartedly as the club still divides the supporter base at every opportunity for what ever reason!
    Unless the shackles of the past are not broken this topic will just regurgitate again and again ,there certainly is a place for the past and tradition but it has to have a back seat so the club evolves into its own identity.

• @:

Dont like your chances

• We’ll be dead soon and the kids today will have very little idea of the foundation clubs.
    It’s us old farts holding on to the good ol’ days.

I let go a long time ago.

• @:

@:

@:

Actually your wrong about St George the power and money was and is the Illawarra side , they were never getting rid of the red V … topics like this just highlight the fact that many supporters just can not move into the future .The WestsTigers are no longer a joint venture they are the WestsTigers football club and have there own identity …well I say that light heartedly as the club still divides the supporter base at every opportunity for what ever reason!
    Unless the shackles of the past are not broken this topic will just regurgitate again and again ,there certainly is a place for the past and tradition but it has to have a back seat so the club evolves into its own identity.

I thought the steelers no longer have any ownership.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

I thought the steelers no longer have any ownership.

Forget the Steelers …the power is like the Roosters it is where the money comes from and that is the Illawarra area, St George leagues was in dire straits at the time whether it still is I have no idea ,but the power base is defiantly in the Illawarra,I have been told this on many occasions.

• I was very disappointed that someone has brought this up AGAIN!

Please can we move forward and on into the future.

The past was brilliant - two mighty clubs, that won premierships, produced terrific internationals and had many a stoush against each other - but it was all in the past and that is where it should stay.

We are the Wests Tigers - coming up to twenty years for God’s sake and we still have people wanting to go backwards.

A good jersey that reflects both clubs, equal % of colours should be produced and we should stick with it - like the other Sydney clubs stick with theirs.

Up the Mighty Tigers!!!

Recent Topics