Jason Taylor Manly?

New contender emerges for Sea Eagles gig

Jason Taylor has thrown his hat into the ring for the Manly coaching job - and may just prove the dark horse in the race.

With Michael Maguire knocking the Sea Eagles back last week and assistant coach John Cartwright seemingly out of favour, Taylor is in with a real chance.

The former goalkicking halfback has plenty of experience and his stocks have risen in the wake of the Roosters’ grand final win, where he was attacking coach.
(aap)

Prior to that, he had mixed stints as head coach of Parramatta, Souths and Wests Tigers.

Ironically, the Roosters demoted Taylor just before the finals for 2019 to coaching Manly’s former arch rivals North Sydney in the NSW Cup.

Taylor will be replaced as Trent Robinson’s assistant coach by Adam O’Brien, who joins the Roosters after 11 seasons at Melbourne.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-jason-taylor-in-race-for-manly-nrl-job/3d017662-fa3c-4ad7-9574-e77ca047ea09

Gee I can see DCE and JT getting along just fine……

Haha… They deserve each other

The only guy i know who can turn a demotion into a positive note on his CV.

He is nothing if he is not resilient lol.

Can see a lot of players wanting out of manly if this comes about, come home Marty.

A perfect match. As ink said, they deserve each other. I’m sure taupau will be happy to see him again 😆

I’m sure Curtis would be happy to hear this news!!

Can manly get any worse? I can see them getting the boot.

I’m step father is a Manly fan and he has heard that the Penn’s want to run the club into the ground so they get sell the license to a new franchise. This would support that theory.

@:

Perfect Sydney franchise to be relocated by the NRL.

You wouldn’t think it should be that hard to attract a decent coach given their roster…the place must be a complete shambles behind the scenes (I have heard it is from a rabid Manly fan). I still don’t think they’d stoop to Jason Taylor, they’d be better off trying out a rookie coach.

This is the best rumour i have ever heard,please make it happen.Having lived in the area for 40 years i would find nothing more enjoyable.

@:

I’m sure Curtis would be happy to hear this news!!

Oh dear his old man will be thrilled

@:

@:

Nah. Just boot them.

@:

@:

@:

Nah. Just boot them.

Won’t get an argument from me on that front.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme