A Question for the Queenslanders Among Us

• Anyone know much about the township of Murgon in south east Qld? I am thinking of buying an investment property up there and wondered if anyone on here would know anything about the place and its potential for growth and a good yield rent-wise.

I have already researched a bit and spoken to some people, but I would just like to get an opinion from some Queenslanders if anyone on here is familiar with Murgon and has any good info about the area.

• It rings a bell I believe a few good indigenous players hail from there…

• ForumSupporter

Don’t make it too hard…

• Banned

I am within 80 km of the border - go for the coast if at all possible with some transport available… If you find something cheap and decent give me a bell.

• @:

Anyone know much about the township of Murgon in south east Qld? I am thinking of buying an investment property up there and wondered if anyone on here would know anything about the place and its potential for growth and a good yield rent-wise.

I have already researched a bit and spoken to some people, but I would just like to get an opinion from some Queenslanders if anyone on here is familiar with Murgon and has any good info about the area.

Only been there once, I wouldn’t be buying there,
    But others might be able to give you more idea on the subject

• @:

Don’t make it too hard…

What do you mean by this Geo? I’m new at this, never bought an investment property before.

• @:

It rings a bell I believe a few good indigenous players hail from there…

Yeah Steve Renouf apparently hails from there and Gavin Cooper also, though not obviously indigenous.

• @:

@:

Anyone know much about the township of Murgon in south east Qld? I am thinking of buying an investment property up there and wondered if anyone on here would know anything about the place and its potential for growth and a good yield rent-wise.

Only been there once, I wouldn’t be buying there,
    But others might be able to give you more idea on the subject

Can you tell me why you wouldn’t?

• @:

I am within 80 km of the border - go for the coast if at all possible with some transport available… If you find something cheap and decent give me a bell.

Sorry BBF, but If I found something decent AND cheap on the coast the only person I’d be calling would be the real estate/vendor! 😆

Sadly, I don’t have enough money for houses on the coast the way things are these days.

• I’ve lived in and visited a lot of nice Country towns in Qld and .NSW
    And didn’t like Murgon much at all
    It’s only a personal thing ,
    I just feel that if I was buying an investment property, I’d be buying elsewhere .l haven’t spent enough time there , to go into detail, just giving an opinion

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

Don’t make it too hard…

What do you mean by this Geo? I’m new at this, never bought an investment property before.

Questions for Queenslanders …two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state…

• @:

@:

@:

Don’t make it too hard…

Questions for Queenslanders …two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state…

Lol! And here I was thinking you were being all wise and philosophical! 😆

• Banned

Years ago the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, actually a bit further north, was extremely cheap and not too far from the ocean.

• Gladstone might be a good investment shortly ……but as you may know it is boom /bust

Murgon is sort of an indigenous town …nowhere as bad as it used to be …nowhere near Woorabinda levels

And please , this isn’t meant to sound racist in any way but you couldn’t give me all the tea in China to live in Woorabinda

Murgon used to have a few issues with two particular families but those issues have ended from what I have heard

Kingaroy is in a mini boom as well , not far from Murgon

• Its just one big country town is queensland where everyone knows everyone…yeeharhh

Recent Topics