A Question for the Queenslanders Among Us

Anyone know much about the township of Murgon in south east Qld? I am thinking of buying an investment property up there and wondered if anyone on here would know anything about the place and its potential for growth and a good yield rent-wise.

I have already researched a bit and spoken to some people, but I would just like to get an opinion from some Queenslanders if anyone on here is familiar with Murgon and has any good info about the area.

It rings a bell I believe a few good indigenous players hail from there…

Don’t make it too hard…

I am within 80 km of the border - go for the coast if at all possible with some transport available… If you find something cheap and decent give me a bell.

@:

Anyone know much about the township of Murgon in south east Qld? I am thinking of buying an investment property up there and wondered if anyone on here would know anything about the place and its potential for growth and a good yield rent-wise.

I have already researched a bit and spoken to some people, but I would just like to get an opinion from some Queenslanders if anyone on here is familiar with Murgon and has any good info about the area.

Only been there once, I wouldn’t be buying there,
But others might be able to give you more idea on the subject

@:

Don’t make it too hard…

What do you mean by this Geo? I’m new at this, never bought an investment property before.

@:

It rings a bell I believe a few good indigenous players hail from there…

Yeah Steve Renouf apparently hails from there and Gavin Cooper also, though not obviously indigenous.

@:

@:

Only been there once, I wouldn’t be buying there,
But others might be able to give you more idea on the subject

Can you tell me why you wouldn’t?

@:

I am within 80 km of the border - go for the coast if at all possible with some transport available… If you find something cheap and decent give me a bell.

Sorry BBF, but If I found something decent AND cheap on the coast the only person I’d be calling would be the real estate/vendor! 😆

Sadly, I don’t have enough money for houses on the coast the way things are these days.

I’ve lived in and visited a lot of nice Country towns in Qld and .NSW
And didn’t like Murgon much at all
It’s only a personal thing ,
I just feel that if I was buying an investment property, I’d be buying elsewhere .l haven’t spent enough time there , to go into detail, just giving an opinion

@:

@:

Don’t make it too hard…

What do you mean by this Geo? I’m new at this, never bought an investment property before.

Questions for Queenslanders …two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state…

@:

@:

@:

Don’t make it too hard…

Questions for Queenslanders …two heads only 1 brain shared among the whole state…

Lol! And here I was thinking you were being all wise and philosophical! 😆

Years ago the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, actually a bit further north, was extremely cheap and not too far from the ocean.

Gladstone might be a good investment shortly ……but as you may know it is boom /bust

Murgon is sort of an indigenous town …nowhere as bad as it used to be …nowhere near Woorabinda levels

And please , this isn’t meant to sound racist in any way but you couldn’t give me all the tea in China to live in Woorabinda

Murgon used to have a few issues with two particular families but those issues have ended from what I have heard

Kingaroy is in a mini boom as well , not far from Murgon

Its just one big country town is queensland where everyone knows everyone…yeeharhh

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.