Fans have right to ire over Cleary: Tigers

• Be interesting to look into the crystal ball to see where things are in 12 months time. Lets hope we are in a better place with Madge at the helm.

• @:

from nrl.com

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/28/ivan-cleary-to-be-announced-as-penrith-panthers-coach-on-monday/

Panthers to announce Ivan Cleary signing on Monday
    Author
    Michael Chammas
    Chief Reporter
    Timestamp
    Sun 28 Oct 2018, 01:15 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twiiter
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    The Penrith Panthers will on Monday announce Ivan Cleary as their coach for the next five seasons, with Panthers chairman Dave O’Neill admitting the coach’s release from the Wests Tigers would allow the club to finalise the move.

Wests Tigers announced Cleary’s release on Sunday morning, with former South Sydney premiership-winning coach Michael Maguire to take over for at least the next three years.

The Panthers were expecting Cleary to arrive at Penrith in 2021 but that will now be brought forward a couple of years as a result of his position becoming untenable at the Tigers.

“We were pretty confident Ivan would be coming to Penrith in 2021,” O’Neill told NRL.com.

“Now that he has been released from the Tigers we can finalise what we need to in the coming days and we’re hopeful that things will escalate and he will be here on November 1 for the start of preseason.”

NRL.com understands the Panthers will announce Cleary’s signature on Monday, with the coach likely to front the media as early as Tuesday.

How the 2019 Magic Round will work

It had been indicated the Panthers reached a financial settlement with the Wests Tigers in order to trigger the coach’s release, but O’Neill insists Penrith haven’t coughed up any money to activate Cleary’s departure from the Tigers.

It’s understood the terms of the compensation were discussed between Cleary and the Tigers.

“I’m not privy to the conversations that were had between them but I can assure you the Panthers haven’t paid any compensation,” O’Neill said.

intresting? so did we get compensation or not?
    also penrith are the losing party in all this. 5 years is a long time for IC. hope it works out for them tbh. big investment.

Why?

• I think the club has handled this unwanted transition exceptionally well and come up trumps.
    Ivan on the other hand will never be able to claim integrity within the NRL again. He has made a mess. There is the old saying; Be careful what you wish for.

• ForumSupporter

Well done Justin Pascoe …have questioned him in the past …he has stood up when it countered… well handled in a big test getting the best possible outcome for Wests Tigers…we can move forward with confidence…

• The Dimwit who left us to coach his son will now and forever be thrown into the same basket as the 3 dimwits that left when he got here. I will never say their names again.

• The Clearys are laughing all the way to the bank TBH. Any dip in form from both player and coach sees them secure for the next 5 years. Penrith have gone all in and from now on they are both dead to me…

As for the Tigers.

I am sure that we are in a better position with Maguire at the helm. I honestly think that if the rebuild continues with the current trajectory we will be well on the way to being a credible club for the first time…

• @:

Well done Justin Pascoe …have questioned him in the past …he has stood up when it countered… well handled in a big test getting the best possible outcome for Wests Tigers…we can move forward with confidence…

Absolutely. This guy is a keeper. Go as well.

• Fatman Gould has not paid us any compo?? No but Cleary has out of the money Penrith has given him.

Most NRL contracts get paid in two instalments a season one mid season and one in November, my guess Cleary did not get his November cheque….but Iam sure he will be fixed up by his new employers

• @:

Very happy with how the club has handled this situation. Less happy with Cleary for obvious reasons. He came into the club as a professional - now he leaves the club without his integrity and a distinct lack of professionalism for how he has handled this situation.

Looking forward to 2019 and what Madge and his support staff will bring to the club.

X2

Never been so disappointed in a person in my life.

Hoodwinked - a man of honesty, integrity, honour and ethical to boot…. just turned out to be a tosser.

• Word is Penrith are contributing $400,000 to Maguire’s 2019 salary……

• Well lets hope a wooden spoon comes his way.

• Ivan leaving @WestsTigers HQ this morning@PhilGould15@_nathancleary@jim_jim86

• @:

Ivan leaving @WestsTigers HQ this morning@PhilGould15@_nathancleary@jim_jim86

Please translate for we poor non social media types!

• @:

@:

😆 Yes, that would be welcomed!!

• ForumSupporter

@:

@:

@:

😆 Yes, that would be welcomed!!

Ivan left….Phil Gould is a tool…Nathan is a daddy’s boy and jim jim likes the number 86…

Recent Topics