Cleary Compensation?

• Like some clarification as to whether Penrith is paying some of our New Coaches 2019 Salary.
    The problem is that there is a lot of conflicting reports in todays media.
    Just wanting to know whether our Board stayed solid before granting a release.Therefore compensation would be expected before a release was agreed too.
    Would be good to know the actual facts?? :brick:
    If so how much compensation was agreed too ?
    Were any players offered as part of the deal?
    Personally I think Ivan appeared tired and less effective second half of the year.
    Very Happy with our new Coach signing. :blah

• Good luck with getting facts

• ForumSupporter

Why do you need to know…

Doubt either Club would be forthcoming with that information…I would be confident in Wests Tigers management that we weren’t screwed over the matter…

As for the Pamfers screw them…

• When I read the title I almost went into meltdown that we were payi g compensation to Ivan the terrible!

• Panthers certainly didn’t get Cleary for free, but the exact financial figure is unlikely to be made available for public consumption.

• @:

Like some clarification as to whether Penrith is paying some of our New Coaches 2019 Salary.
    The problem is that there is a lot of conflicting reports in todays media.
    Just wanting to know whether our Board stayed solid before granting a release.Therefore compensation would be expected before a release was agreed too.
    Would be good to know the actual facts?? :brick:
    If so how much compensation was agreed too ?
    Were any players offered as part of the deal?
    Personally I think Ivan appeared tired and less effective second half of the year.
    Very Happy with our new Coach signing. :blah

You won’t find that out officially. Speculating from what has and hasn’t been said by both clubs on the issue Cleary may have agreed to pay the Tigers for his release. That payment will come out of his higher salary at Penrith. The Panthers can then say that they have not paid any compensation to the Tigers and not be lying about it because the “compensation” is between Cleary and the Tigers. Cleary doesn’t lose out financially because it’s not money he would have had anyway if he’d been kept to his contract.

• Someone mentioned in another thread that he may have to forgo his last payment on November 1

That makes a hell of a lot of sense when you think about it

Funny how many were more concerned about the Roosters pinching them both

Then I guess one of the two most controlling people in the game were going to be involved

• I think there’ll be a confidentiality agreement in place, so we will never really know how much, if any, was paid and by whom.

I would prefer it be left that way anyway, professional outfits sort this stuff out behind closed doors. I like that we heard no comment from the CEO or board until it was all sorted, the days of this rusty tub leaking are over.

• I for one would support anyone who chooses to break the confidentiality agreement signed by the two clubs and all parties involved so some anonymous internet chatters can get the facts!

• The way the Panthers skirted around it with a technicality shows there was a settlement there. It was just down to the method.

I’d say Ivan is paying the compensation from his new Panthers wage, but the Panthers will top up his deal by the same amount. Panthers have just kept it at arm’s length so they could say they didn’t pay the Tigers anything.

It had been indicated the Panthers reached a financial settlement with the Wests Tigers in order to trigger the coach’s release, but O’Neill insists Penrith haven’t coughed up any money to activate Cleary’s departure from the Tigers.

It’s understood the terms of the compensation were discussed between Cleary and the Tigers.

“I’m not privy to the conversations that were had between them but I can assure you the Panthers haven’t paid any compensation,” O’Neill said.

• It’s all history…time to put Cleary to bed

• @:

It’s all history…time to put Cleary to bed

X2 the sooner his name is not mention here the better good riddance !

• mr cleary will go down as one of the biggest and weakest grubs this club has ever had, glad he is gone, time to move on.

• @:

@:

Watch from 3.00 onwards and replace the words of Sparta and Leonidas with Cleary

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=300+movie+scenes+xerxes+speech+to+leonidas&&view=detail∣=34174D929F239859126934174D929F2398591269&&FORM=VRDGAR

• @:

@:

@:

Watch from 3.00 onwards and replace the words of Sparta and Leonidas with Cleary

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=300+movie+scenes+xerxes+speech+to+leonidas&&view=detail∣=34174D929F239859126934174D929F2398591269&&FORM=VRDGAR

I wouldn’t credit Cleary with that much dignity.

Recent Topics