Jamaica beat USA to qualify for 2021 Rugby League World Cup

• Jamaica made history by qualifying for their first tournament as they beat the United States to reach the 2021 Rugby League World Cup.
    The Reggae Warriors became the 11th nation to clinch their place in the 16-team World Cup in England thanks to a 16-10 in the final of the Americas Championship in Jacksonville.

WE’RE SORRY, THERE WAS AN UNEXPECTED ERROR PLAYING THIS CONTENT. PLEASE REFRESH THE PAGE AND TRY AGAIN.

Jamaica headed to the RLWC!Jamaica headed to the RLWC!0:54
    Every Test, ODI, T20I, and BBL match live. Get 1 month free Sport HD plus Entertainment with no lock-in contract and no iQ4 box fee. T&C apply. SIGN UP NOW!

Jamaica, who beat Canada in their opening game, led 16-10 at halftime after both sides crossed for two tries, the difference being the four goals kicked by Jy-Mel Coleman, compared to just one from Hull winger Bureta Faraimo.

The @JAMRugbyLeague Reggae Warriors 🇯🇲 have qualified for @rlwc2021 after defeating the @USAHawks 🇺🇸 16-10 in Jacksonville

The Jamaicans become the 11th team to qualify for the Men’s tournament

USA will have a second chance to qualify for #RLWC2021 #RugbyLeague #IntRL pic.twitter.com/P4kYeOJ8N7

— International RL (@IntlRL) November 17, 2018
    Coleman, the London Skolars halfback, missed a chance to put two scores between the teams and Jamaica were forced into some desperate defence in a scoreless second half to hang on to their lead.

READ MORE NRL

NOT AGAIN: Hoppa goes the finger YET AGAIN

GONE COLD: Hayne suffers double-blow after sexual assault allegations

ON THE MOVE: Ponga set for ‘different’ position switch at Knights

Leeds fullback Ashton Golding was named man of the match after defying a neck injury to play a key role in Jamaica’s famous victory.

The USA, who qualified for both the 2000 and 2017 World Cups, will have a second chance to book their place for 2021 via a repechage competition in 2019.

Jamaica celebrate winning the Americas Championship and passage to @RLWC2021 - the 11th nation to qualify after a magnificent rearguard action to beat USA for the first time, hooker Ashton Golding, Lamont Bryan & Joel Farrell outstanding #rugbyleague pic.twitter.com/as7eR79RER

— Phil Caplan (@scratchingshed2) November 17, 2018
    Scoreless second half sees Jamaica become the first Caribbean nation to make a #rugbyleague World Cup with an heroic 16-10 win over USA in Jacksonville @RLWC2021

— Phil Caplan (@scratchingshed2) November 17, 2018
    Wait til you see the footage I just got. Goosebumps the size of golf balls waiting for my Uber pic.twitter.com/LWEbtd2cqR

— Steve Mascord (@therealsteavis) November 17, 2018
    They are going to the world cup!!! Everyone has an automatic second favourite team. Jamaica!!! @JAMRugbyLeague #worldcup2021

— Andrew Voss (@AndrewVossy) November 17, 2018

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/world-cup/jamaica-beat-usa-to-qualify-for-2021-rugby-league-world-cup/news-story/1c21e774ef5ab5cd1ce20c8b99608eef

• ForumSupporter

Cool runnings>>>>>>>>>>>>International Rugby League

• Great news for Jamaican rugby league but isn’t it a bit far out to be locking so many teams in.

• Mad.
    Cant wait to see Lebanon crush them.

Looking forward to the next World Cup!

• @:

gr8 movie that 😉

• I know it is highly unlikely , but if rugby league became a big sport in the Windies can you imagine some of the rugby league players they would produce

Speed , size , creativity ……WOW

• @:

I know it is highly unlikely , but if rugby league became a big sport in the Windies can you imagine some of the rugby league players they would produce

They’d be tall and athletic you’d think…. Fast too.
    Would be great for the sport.

• @:

Maybe John “happy tiger” Candy could be there coach !

• @:

@:

Yeah nice mate , do you realize it was his last movie role before he passed ……

• Banned

Any talent we could poach?

• @:

Any talent we could poach?

usain bolt 😉

• @:

@:

@:

Yeah I knew ….
    And …?

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Yeah I knew ….
    And …?

Canadian Bacon and Wagons East were after Cool Runnings…

• @:

@:

I know it is highly unlikely , but if rugby league became a big sport in the Windies can you imagine some of the rugby league players they would produce

They’d be tall and athletic you’d think…. Fast too.
    Would be great for the sport.

Did Malcom Marshall have any sons. He would make a good centre with Joel Garner’s offspring on the wing.

• @:

@:

@:

@:

Yeah I knew ….
    And …?

I’ll flay you in May 😈

Recent Topics