Wests Tigers Podcast - Hosted by Helmsey&Eddie.

Had my first listen, number 28. I don’t usually listen to podcasts, in fact that would be my first ever.
But thank you, yes it was good. Two gents talking footy, both pro Tigers, but being realistic.

I’ll probably listen to more, thank you.

@helmesy

How about contacting the Tigers marketing team & seeing if they can include a link on the official website? Would be great if they could assist with organise appearances from players & coaching staff on your podcast also.

Great work as always guys!

@TigerTiger glad you’re enjoying it!

@bythebeardofzeus yes, on the to do list, we’ve been waiting for the return of Justin Pascoe before officially approaching the club. Obviously we would love to be the official Wests Tigers Podcast and would be happy to work closely with the club to expand it, reshape it etc.

last edited by helmesy

@helmesy looking forward to this one. I’ll tune in (right after GoT).

We should throw the cheque book at Rhys Martin, we badly need a kicker and a lock!

@simonthetiger said in New Wests Tigers Podcast - (Helmsey and I) -UPDATED - EPISODE 5 POSTED - Salary Cap/Pascoe Episode.:

We should throw the cheque book at Rhys Martin, we badly need a kicker and a lock!

Word is he’s signed a 4 year contract with Parra. Apparently the reason he was dropped last week is because he met Parra the day of a Dogs training session.

Weird that Para would chase Martin, they have a good kicker and a ton of backrowers.

@simonthetiger …he is a great goal kicker but only middle of the road player. Back row is not a position you can hide a player to accommodate his goal kicking skills. IMO he would be behind most of our fringe back rowers. Although a change of clubs can do wonders

@simonthetiger

Disagree guys.

Part of the issue that we gave here at the Tigers is precisely the fact that we “throw the chequebook” at players to often.

Check out our current squad for evidence.

We beed to follow Melbournes example, selecting the type of players we need and targeting them.

No more squandering $$$$ at any half decent or untried player that looks at us.

On this edition we preview the Melbourne game, talk a little about recruitment and walk down memory lane with two former Wests Tigers halves… https://weststigerspodcast.com.au/wests-tigers-podcast-0030/

@Spartan117 said in New Wests Tigers Podcast - (Helmsey and I) -UPDATED - EPISODE 5 POSTED - Salary Cap/Pascoe Episode.:

No more squandering $$$$ at any half decent or untried player that looks at us.

Exactly. If you want a good team don’t through the cheque book at players who don’t deserve it and do not sign them on long term contracts.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.