Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL

Yes, just a theory and sadly I won’t be around when Pascoe writes his memoirs, but the truth is out there……

Seriously. He screwed up, plain and simple. Was the penalty over the top ? Yes. Was he tied up with the disapperance of Harold Holt ? No, but some on this forum will somehow tie them both together.

The offical bad pun thread 👍

For our club to have rolled over and back stab our former Chair, rings alarm bells to me.

Conspiracy theory #32 For the threat of the NRL being sued to disappear, Marina also had to disappear. Scuba diving at Portsea?

Makes sense to me. For us to be on he improve as a club in terms of management and standing, that means the other clubs above us lose some of their advantage over us. They didn’t like that. Hence why they coerced us to back down so publicly.

The way I see it, WT are not safe as long as Todd and cronies like him are at the helm.

When is the main man back ?

June 19 is the Official
date

Tigers boss returns to cap chaos

Suspended Wests Tigers’ CEO Justin Pascoe

The Australian
BRENT READ
SENIOR SPORTS WRITER

12:00AM JUNE 14, 2019
Suspended Wests Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe started receiving access to his work emails this week to help familiarise himself with the club’s machinations during his absence.

He has some catching up to do. Pascoe will return to work next week having served a six-month ban over the salary cap issue that cost the club so much more than their chief executive.

The repercussions are still being felt as coach Michael Maguire tries to wade through the cap mess been dumped in his lap.

The Tigers don’t look like a happy camp and little wonder given the speculation that continues to swirl around their players and the future of their squad.

They face North Queensland in Townsville tonight with their season at a crossroads. They were insipid in their loss to Canberra last week, in a performance that did little to douse suggestions all is not well.

Players are believed to be up for grabs, although not much grabbing is going on because rivals are reluctant to wear the salaries of some of the Tigers’ biggest names.

Captain Moses Mbye was among those who was bandied about but Maguire and the club dismissed talk that he was available should someone pick up his pay cheque.

Regardless, North Queensland were one of the sides linked with Mbye. The Queensland State of Origin utility is understood to have been offered to them by a third party.

The Cowboys at the time were focused elsewhere, having bought into the Dallin Watene-Zelezniak auction.

They ultimately missed out on a player who was also coveted by the Tigers (Watene-Zelezniak joined Canterbury) but it is understood they are close to comforting themselves with the signature of Melbourne fullback Scott Drinkwater.

Drinkwater was touted by some to be the Storm No 1 before the season started, but injury opened the door for Jahrome ­Hughes and Ryan Papenhuyzen.

Drinkwater has slipped down the pecking order and the Cowboys want him before the June 30 deadline.

Even if he doesn’t arrive then, there is every chance he will be there for the start of next season.

The Tigers hope to do some business, too, and Pascoe will return to work at a time when the club has plenty at stake, not least their hopes of playing finals football this year.

Pascoe arrived at the Tigers four years ago amid a salary cap crisis. He was at the helm as the ­Tigers went through a period of ­tumult. He eased the club through the departure of Robbie Farah, a deal that cost him six months of his career when the ­integrity unit found he had failed to properly disclose an ambassadorial deal with their former ­captain.

He was also there as the Tigers bid farewell to Mitchell Moses, Aaron Woods and James Tedesco. Those departures were meant to usher in a new dawn for the Tigers and their use of the salary cap.

Instead, they find themselves back where they began, looking to move players to create space to build a squad more to the liking of their coach.

Maguire doesn’t mind ruffling feathers and he appears to have ruffled plenty during his early days at the helm of the Tigers.

He looked as though he was pulling the right strings as the ­Tigers made a solid start to the year but recent results have been poor, none more so than their last-start loss to the Raiders.

The Tigers were never at the races. They will look to bounce back tonight against a North Queensland stripped of close to $4 million worth of talent through injury and suspension.

There will be no excuses.

BRENT READSENIOR SPORTS WRITER

last edited by Tigerlily

Pascoe is on NRL360 if anyone is interested. Encore is @ 9:30

Justin “pay overs” Pascoe said we’ll have a competitive roster by 2049 !

Well, after seeing the interview, I have lost all hope for a while…

He said we will have money again in 2021.

He said Packer and Madge get along fine…so why has Packer not been playing for weeks???

He said our cap was so good we were able to absorb HIS mess up that cost 320 000 “and still sign Robert Jennings”…

Stated as though a cap fine and Jennings was something to be proud of.

Seems a nice bloke…but also, it must be said, seems WAY out of his depth as a CEO.

@ElleryHanley said in Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL:

Well, after seeing the interview, I have lost all hope for a while…

He said we will have money again in 2021.

He said Packer and Madge get along fine…so why has Packer not been playing for weeks???

He said our cap was so good we were able to absorb HIS mess up that cost 320 000 “and still sign Robert Jennings”…

Stated as though a cap fine and Jennings was something to be proud of.

Seems a nice bloke…but also, it must be said, seems WAY out of his depth as a CEO.

I just laughed when he mentioned Jennings then changed channels lol

People get sacked for a reason … just saying !..

@hobbo1

Yeah, the “our cap was so good we could absorb my fine AND even sign Robert Jennings!” line was very grating…

His fine cost us the NZ captain…and Jennings is very ordinary.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.