Twitch

• Hopefully next yr or 2020 we will be able to watch the nrl on twitch, esp of us whonare away alot or dont live in sydney. But knowing how badly run the nrl is….wont be till another 15 years

• It’s on Kayo now. You can watch that anywhere.

• There is a lot of options available.

Twitch is for watching teenagers play Fortnite.

• Kayo looks ok. NRL live plus all the other sports. $25 for one device and I think $35 for two devices. Can use Apple TV and Chromecast.

• @:

Kayo looks ok. NRL live plus all the other sports. $25 for one device and I think $35 for two devices. Can use Apple TV and Chromecast.

$25 for 2 devices and $35 for 3, I have been on the 14 day trial for a few days - you get all of the sports you get on foxtel in HD, plus replays on demand which is good. I watched Redzone today and found that the sound was ahead of the picture. I checked Redzone on ESPN and found the sound spot on. If you don’t have foxtel this is a great option.

• Ive had kayo for about a month now. I share a subscription with a mate so it’s only $12.50 a month. Very handy watching the BBL on the other side of the world.

• @:

@:

Kayo looks ok. NRL live plus all the other sports. $25 for one device and I think $35 for two devices. Can use Apple TV and Chromecast.

$25 for 2 devices and $35 for 3, I have been on the 14 day trial for a few days - you get all of the sports you get on foxtel in HD, plus replays on demand which is good. I watched Redzone today and found that the sound was ahead of the picture. I checked Redzone on ESPN and found the sound spot on. If you don’t have foxtel this is a great option.

Thanks for pointing out the prices and devices. Haven’t got foxtel so I’m looking at setting up with Kayo.

• Kayo is very helpful

• Just noticed Kayo are doing a promotion of $5 for 1 month if you sign before Feb4th. I think they also do a 14 day free trial - definitely worth looking at for those who don’t have Foxtel. Can watch it on your TV via Apple Tv, Telstra Tv and Chromecast or use the app for phones and tablets and pc’s.

• Do you have to be living in Australia to use Kayo?

I’m trying to find a platform that works in NZ, but doesn’t look like I have any options but to stick with SKY TV.

• @Moh:

Do you have to be living in Australia to use Kayo?

I’m trying to find a platform that works in NZ, but doesn’t look like I have any options but to stick with SKY TV.

I used it overseas recently but had to use a VPN aswell.

• I have gone to a Telstra mobile plan, and now NRL Livepass is included in that - so that will be my poison of choice

• This post is deleted!

• @Demps said in Twitch:

There is a lot of options available.

Twitch is for watching teenagers play Fortnite.

Pretty much.
    Twitch would be the completely wrong market.

Don’t know why not signing a deal with Twitch would mean the NRL is ‘badly run’ when Fox Sports are happy to pay them so as much they are.

Plus Twitch wouldn’t care for NRL and wouldnt want to pay anywhere near the amount Fox are.

• @mike said in Twitch:

I am interested in feedback from anyone using Kayo as their main sporting content provider displayed on home theatre system.
    What’s the quality like?
    Ease of use?
    Any technical issues? ie buffering?
    Is surround sound (AC3) provided?

I don’t generally use it on home theatre system but on computer it’s pretty good. Sometimes lags and has to load at particular times (which is a problem with my provider not Kayo) which means there can be a minute or few seconds delay between the forum live game thread and the game sometimes, but sometimes it comes good.

I tried a couple of times on the tv chromecast from the phone and there was a five second delay from audio to visual, which didn’t resolve itself all game (despite me trying to restart the connection several times).I figured my internet coupled with my phone couldn’t handle that, so I returned to watching it stream through the computer, where as said it’s pretty much fine.

I prefer it as my money goes to Kayo then and not Fox (although of course some money from Kayo would go to Fox) - because I don’t like Fox.

Recent Topics