Wests Tigers sign Laurie Daley to coaching staff, new mentor for Luke Brooks

long time reader here, first time poster….hopefully i wont ask to much of a dumb question!

can i ask why you guys think we didn’t ask for Matty Johns to become mentor to brooks? would he not have been a better choice…? ive always wondered this.

he’s done it before so wouldnt have had issues with Greenburg, hes a well respected among the coaching staff of many teams and arguably has worked magic on some of the most exciting and top playmakers of the league…why did we not go for him?

@Zach:

long time reader here, first time poster…hopefully i wont ask to much of a dumb question!

can i ask why you guys think we didn’t ask for Matty Johns to become mentor to brooks? would he not have been a better choice…? ive always wondered this.

he’s done it before so wouldnt have had issues with Greenburg, hes a well respected among the coaching staff of many teams and arguably has worked magic on some of the most exciting and top playmakers of the league…why did we not go for him?

I would guess because of Madge’s shared history with Daley.

Welcome Zach. Both Daley and Johns have achieved plenty. Maybe Daley and Madge are close. Maybe Johns had other commitments. Either could help out our team an awful lot. Looks like we get nobody. Wonder if Todd Payten sees an opening LOL

Away from the forum for too long and miss all the goss.

That’s a real kick in the teeth decision from the NRL, are we going to be the whipping boys for the year?

Still makes me feel frustrated when I see the All Stars team photo with Daley sitting square on the middle. It really is a joke this decision and has anyone had a logical explanation why the NRL has allowed this? Please dont tell me its a feel good clause because of his heritage.

Is there a market and a gambling book on this indigenous game? If there is the board of our club have to make a stand and call the NRL out for the blatant double standard that it is inflicting on our club .
The club has to make a decision whether or not it wants to be the NRL ‘s door MATT or not time to man up !

It’s a joke, surely that’s grounds for an appeal about Daley coming here?

I kind of get that.
If Daley is assitant coach and giving tips on our team then I can see the conflict.
Although it seems a long stretch considering the other teams and the arrangements with their assistants.

Always rated Daley. 100% top bloke.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.