The Death of Passion

This time last year I couldn’t wait for the season to start.
But this off season has killed my passion. Not for the Tigers- but for the game.
I watched a video of Fafita before indigenous game photos - he was carrying on like an absolute fool. I just thought - I have no interest in supporting these absolute idiots anymore.
Now I know I’ll be at Belmore for the trial and I’ll be at Leichhardt round 1 but the constant idiocy of the modern day player plus the absolute incompetent administration has done me in.
I know - it’s not all of them etc etc
One thing for sure - if I’m over it, god help the game cause I’m about as rusted on as you can get
Thoughts??

I haven’t felt the same way since Tedesco and Woods walked out. Not them leaving exactly, but the circus that went with it, and the way we rode that saga everyday for 6 months. It got me so mentally drained, apathy took over, and it’s been that way ever since. Nowhere near as emotionally invested as I used to be, which is why I can’t relate to everyone having a meltdown over what’s been happening lately. There’s more to life. Hopefully the passion I had comes back, because I want it to. We’ll see.

I really get that. Mentally draining- absolutely. When I read this latest garbage about magpies wanting to go alone etc I just thought - I cant take much more of this. No more controversy

I understand the anger from people but the vast majority of players are doing the right thing

And a lot of us forget the good the players do visiting hospitals , schools , special needs victims and the work of the various rugby league foundations like FOG’s extra helping out people in need

A new season is almost here …fire up WT’s and fire up Forum members

Show your passion and desire …get your jerseys out …show the colours and be loud and proud

I can see your point TS and I’m pretty much over it as well. I reckon I’m a goner soon if the NRL doesn’t pull up it’s socks. I love the game but hate the NRL farce and I find it more and more difficult to justify committing my time to it.

I’m increasingly getting frustrated by the way the game and our club are being run. It’s feels like groundhog day this last decade. No improvement anywhere, nothing new to get you excited.
Add 7 years of missing the 8 to that and it all gets a bit boring come late July / early August. A new coach and new captain has freshened me up though and I’m excited again for the new season.

Parra’s crapness helps too.

The NRL media machine actually thrives on player c**k ups - they milk all the issues for all they can and that’s hypocrisy at the highest level

@GNR4LIFE:

I haven’t felt the same way since Tedesco and Woods walked out. Not them leaving exactly, but the circus that went with it, and the way we rode that saga everyday for 6 months. It got me so mentally drained, apathy took over, and it’s been that way ever since. Nowhere near as emotionally invested as I used to be, which is why I can’t relate to everyone having a meltdown over what’s been happening lately. There’s more to life. Hopefully the passion I had comes back, because I want it to. We’ll see.

Yah for me it’s a lot of that - but also the fact that year after year our club struggles to attract quality players in their prime. Not for the lack of trying necessarily, we’re just not an attractive club.

I see the NRL as a poorly run version of the premier league. Going into a season there are a very small number of clubs that are the likely champions.

Despite all the talk of level playing fields that is obviously not the case.

What is the only cure for this passion? no drama? finals?

Bit the same here as well. Losing Teddy and Woodsy in the manner we did was a bit soul destroying (but on the upside we said good bye to Mitch as well, so not all doom and gloom 😁)

What really makes me less invested is all the whispers and innuendo about too many Sydney teams and how Wests Tigers are always seemed to be suggested for relocation etc.

It’s hard to get fully invested if the NRL are going to make things hard for us.

The game is stale and the administration is stale. Okay once the season starts things will pick up, but when diehards like me are down on interest the game is in big trouble

I’d be interested to know if many players are aware of the growing dissatisfaction fans have for the game.

The consistent inconsistency of the NRL is my biggest problem. Constant rule tinkering, flogging some clubs & players with lettuce leaves and others with sledgehammers and perceived inequities between a select few clubs and the rest.

I’m sure we’re feeling it more due to our finals hiatus and our own years of comical management but I feel the club has turned the front office around and the on field performances will follow.

@innsaneink:

The NRL media machine actually thrives on player c**k ups - they milk all the issues for all they can and that’s hypocrisy at the highest level

The NRL has grown like topsy in admin staff numbers and the salaries paid to these staff. They have become a dictatorship and have been very ineffectively trying to justify their jobs. However in doing so they have only highlighted their inefficiency and worthlessness.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.