Members day

• Anyone that went today get any goss or news or any thing to report???
    Would be much appreciated 👍🙏🤘🤙🍻

• Yeah, I went along. It seemed more a day for the kids . . . face painting, jumping inflatables, kick around on the field, etc. They were having a ball !!
    The players manned 4 or 5 tables around the venue for autographs. Maybe 5 players on each table.
    Say what you want about Benji, but the longest queue was for the Benji table.
    They said that later on Madge and some players were going to have a chat, but it was getting bloody hot, so I called it a day.
    There were merch stands, a couple of food stands, some sponsor stands, then the players signing stuff.
    Everyone had a smile on their face, so well done to the WT !!

• Cheers thanks mate hope you had a ball 🤘🍻

• @Mossman:

Anyone that went today get any goss or news or any thing to report???
    Would be much appreciated 👍🙏:metal:🤙🍻

Yeah I went along as well, my daughter loved it and was very excited to finally meet Benji, her favourite player. She got around to all the tables and got signatures from all the players, they were all very friendly but special mentions to Benji, Chris Lawrance and surprisingly Russel Packer who were all really good with my young daughter.

The acting CEO spoke, he is the Chief Financial Officer at the club. He spoke a little about the investigation saying they are confident that the sanctions will be heavily reduced and the NRL has said they will know by the end of the months.

I had a brief chance to speak to Madge one on one and he stated that he has settled in well and feels very welcome at the club. He is very happy with how the boys are training and where they are at but the real test is coming when they start to play.

Madge later spoke to the crowd and discussed his reputation of being a hard task master, he said that he feels he just does what is needed to compete at the highest level and again said that he is happy with where the boys are at at this stage.

Mbye and Brooks spoke, its obvious the club is pushing these 2 as the face of the club. They spoke the usual speak about looking forward to the season starting and that it’s been a good preseason.

Interesting to note was Zane Musgrove was in attendance.

Overall an enjoyable day that my daughter absolutely loved.

• Interesting that about musgrove…prehaps madge is giving him a 2nd chance?

• Thanks “cochise” - appreciate the report, I wasn’t surprised by Russell Packers reaction to your daughter. Glad she had a good day,

• @Russell:

Thanks “cochise” - appreciate the report, I wasn’t surprised by Russell Packers reaction to your daughter. Glad she had a good day,

Surprised probably wasn’t the correct word, I have had a little difficulty reconciling his past behaviour with how I view our club, even though that is actually a little hypercritical on behalf. It was really nice to see the way he engaged and spoke with her.

• Packer is one of the few where going to jail has actually worked and made him a better member of society.I must be honest i was very reluctant to see him with us but he has proved me wrong.

• @jadtiger:

I must be honest i was very reluctant to see him with us but he has proved me wrong.

I am starting to be swayed in the same direction.

• My daughter from the Tigers website lol

• She’s a real little cutie. I’m jealous - four sons, no daughters. Wanted one badly but couldn’t produce the goods.

• @coivtny:

She’s a real little cutie. I’m jealous - four sons, no daughters. Wanted one badly but couldn’t produce the goods.

Yeah she is, beautifully natured little girl as well. Already loves her footy.

Just wait till your kids have some of their own, good chance of Grand Daughters. My parents have all boy but plenty of Grand Daughters.

• ForumSupporter

Thanks for the feedback…looked like a fun day for the kiddies…

• @Geo:

Thanks for the feedback…looked like a fun day for the kiddies…

Yeah it was a good day for the kids. I dont think we will ever have members days like Cuzzo used organise again, but to be fair our member numbers were a lot lower back then.

Recent Topics