Wests Tigers sign Robert Jennings

• Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Robert Jennings for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see the talented outside back join Wests Tigers effectively immediately until at least the end of the 2020 NRL season.

A prolific try-scorer, Jennings made his first-grade debut in 2015 for the Penrith Panthers following a number of junior representative achievements that included appearances for the 2014 Australian Schoolboys, 2015 Junior Kangaroos and 2015 NSW U/20’s sides.

Since joining South Sydney for 2017 season, the 22-year-old has established himself as a noted finisher with 25 tries in 39 career games — including 19 tries in the 2018 season that saw him end the year as the Rabbitohs’ leading try-scorer.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to working again with Jennings and continuing to see his career further develop at the club.

“Robert is a quality young man who I’ve worked with before and seen develop in to the talented rugby league player he is,” said Maguire. “He adds size, power and speed to our edges and is an excellent addition to our squad.

“Off the back of a strong season, I have no doubt he is going to fit extremely well in to our systems and I looking forward to watching him take the next steps in his career at this club.

PLAYER PROFILE — ROBERT JENNINGS

Date of Birth: 2nd January, 1996

Height: 192cm

Weight: 105kg

Position: Wing, Centre

Junior Club: Western City Tigers / Minchinbury Jets

Previous Clubs: South Sydney Rabbitohs (2017-18), Penrith Panthers (2015-16)

Rep. Honours: Jnr. Kangaroos (2015), NSW U/20’s (2015), Aus Schoolboys (2014)

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/02/21/wests-tigers-sign-robert-jennings

• Administrators

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Robert Jennings for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see the talented outside back join Wests Tigers effectively immediately until at least the end of the 2020 NRL season.

A prolific try-scorer, Jennings made his first-grade debut in 2015 for the Penrith Panthers following a number of junior representative achievements that included appearances for the 2014 Australian Schoolboys, 2015 Junior Kangaroos and 2015 NSW U/20’s sides.

Since joining South Sydney for 2017 season, the 22-year-old has established himself as a noted finisher with 25 tries in 39 career games — including 19 tries in the 2018 season that saw him end the year as the Rabbitohs’ leading try-scorer.

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to working again with Jennings and continuing to see his career further develop at the club.

“Robert is a quality young man who I’ve worked with before and seen develop in to the talented rugby league player he is,” said Maguire. “He adds size, power and speed to our edges and is an excellent addition to our squad.

“Off the back of a strong season, I have no doubt he is going to fit extremely well in to our systems and I looking forward to watching him take the next steps in his career at this club.”

• Cool,

Good signing

• PLAYER PROFILE — ROBERT JENNINGS

Date of Birth: 2nd January, 1996

Height: 192cm

Weight: 105kg

Position: Wing, Centre

Junior Club: Western City Tigers / Minchinbury Jets

Previous Clubs: South Sydney Rabbitohs (2017-18), Penrith Panthers (2015-16)

Rep. Honours: Jnr. Kangaroos (2015), NSW U/20’s (2015), Aus Schoolboys (2014)

• The more competition for positions the better, the backs will have to be bringing their A Game

• Great signing! And only 22…

• Good signing, glad it’s over especially for Robert. Will be somewhere near the starting side for Round 1 and will be putting plenty of pressure on if not.

• If i saw something on another post correctly Jennings is potentially heavier the Lawrence.

• Yeah buddy, positive signing, welcome Jenko.

• Very nice. Read some dude on Twitter saying Madge rates him as a centre.

• I was reluctant when it started but if Maguire thinks highly of him im happy to see what he has got. For now he would seem to start on similar level to our existing backline. Its a shame he didnt get here earlier to put in the off season and demand his spot.

• I am sure that Jennings will acquit himself well at Wests Tigers. Madge well knows his capabiities. Wests Tigers are looking a lot more of a balanced team than it has in previous seasons. Let’s hope Musgrave is able to play this season. He, like Jennings is young and talented and would certainly be another handy addition to Wests Tigers.

• Solid signing, will definitely add some much needed depth to the backline and improve competition for spots. Nofoaluma and Thompson will have to be at their best to stay in first grade.

• Didn’t see the other topic created. Mods you can merge or close this one.

• Hard to see him starting given he hasn’t been here over the pre-season. But I’m sure he’ll be in the squad with the first injury and probably never leave.

Recent Topics