Your Hobbies

Poker, Fishing, Tinkering with my tinnie and outboard, general tinkering and projects in the shed.
Wow. I just realised just how much tinkering I do.

Horse racing ie statistical analysis and compiling my own ratings.

Fishing, Music, Crosswords, Cultures, Holidays and the New England Patriots.

Some i get to do as i wish, others i wish i had more time for.

@Masterton:

Saw the Femmes a few years back. They opened their set with Blister in the Sun, American Music and Kiss Off. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a better opening salvo.

They are a great show, I have seen them 4 or 5 times over the years.

Horse racing. Have a share in a horse having its first start in the Sweet Embrace Stakes on Saturday. Will gain entry in the Golden Slipper if it wins and we believe its a chance. Very excited about this one.

@Fibros:

Horse racing. Have a share in a horse having its first start in the Sweet Embrace Stakes on Saturday. Will gain entry in the Golden Slipper if it wins and we believe its a chance. Very excited about this one

Good luck, exciting times.

I saw them at the Enmore in the 90’s

@Tigerdon:

I saw them at the Enmore in the 90’s

I did too, I also saw them headline the 1st BDO.

Best concert?

A few come to mind. Korn in 2004 was pretty unreal. Saw Static X in 2007/8 and they probably had me more charged than any other show I’ve seen. Crowded House in 2010ish were amazing, Spandau Ballet & Tears for Fears about six or seven years ago. Going to see Elton John at Hope Estate next year so that should be one for the book as well.

Best concert: Stravinski’s ‘The Rakes Progress’ at the Volks Oper in Vienna. Mind bending music and choreography.

Cold Chisel, well underage and at the Manly Vale, back in the day when pub bands were the norm and no photo ID.

Best concert Led Zep at the old Sydney Showground

Watched a Mozart mini opera with dinner at the Stiftskellar restaurant in Salzburg. A string quartet with a male tenor and female soprano. Was the night I proposed to my wife, remember it well.

@Cultured_Bogan:

Watched a Mozart mini opera with dinner at the Stiftskellar restaurant in Salzburg. A string quartet with a male tenor and female soprano. Was the night I proposed to my wife, remember it well.

You old romantic you…well done…

Best concert?
I’ve only attended two - Meatloaf at the Horden Pavilion and the Beach Boys at the old Sydney Sports ground (it poured down).

I did see INXS at Fraternity club Fairy Meadow before they hit the big time.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.