Favourite song/song artist/music genre

• It is funny how your tastes change with time.

I loved “grunge” saw Nirvana live and still reckon they were brilliant. Still listen to a lot of that and the flow on bands (like foo fighters).

Some music is timeless like the Beatles, stones, byrds, sex pistols, dead Kennedy’s.

I remember listening to a band I loved many years ago recently (the Jesus lizard) and thinking that is crap.

Aussie bands like spider bait, you am I, the meanies, powderfinger, toe to toe, something for kate, pelican jed, reguritator and the poppin mommas took up a lot of my younger weekends and are still worth a listen now.

Oops also left out the violent femmes who are brilliant.

• And the ramones are (and will always be) still awesome to listen to.

Urge overkill were another with great song and short timeframe.

Stone temple pilots, mudhoney, Alice in chains.

• One Headlight was a great song. You could tell the singer was Bob Dylan’s son.

• Banned

Young veterans 🏋

• His Numb Encore with Jay-Z is brilliant.

• So many to pick from ……I guess if I answer this by what music do I start singing to as soon as I hear it no matter who is about

The Doors …

• Best rap song of all time

• Top 2 are probably You Am I & Inxs - actually seeing the former in a couple of weeks time at the Enmore.

Got plenty of records from these folks also…RHCPs, Pearl Jam, Rolling Stones, Beatles, The Doors, Jebediah, Foo Fighters, Flogging Molly, Courtney Barnett, Amy Winehouse, Mumford & Sons. I could keep going…

• Music is everything to me, it is the reason I have made it this far in my life. I am known as a bit of a Music snob as I am quite particular in what I like. So many that other have mentioned here like the Violent Femmes all the way down to Floggin Molly, Alice and Chains and Mudhoney are all bands that I absolutely love, but for me the following really are the bands that literally saved me.

Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Audioslave
    Temple of the Dog
    Mad Season
    Rage Against the Machine
    Metallica
    Dropkick Murphys
    So so many more

• Obviously GNR. I started listening to them when I was 3 years old. I remember when they played Eastern Creek in 93, I desperately tried to pursuade my mum to let me go with my cousins. She said no, I still have not recovered from that. Was a crazy show from what I have heard.

As I got older, I started listening to Metallica, then Oasis. Those are probably my 3 favourite bands.

When I was 17, I found The Doors. To this day, I still cannot put into words the obsession I had with them. It’s not only I started listening to them, I lived and breathed them for about 6 months. It wasn’t enough that I listen to their music, I needed to read books, watch doco’s. I’ve discovered dozens of bands since then, yet none have ever had the same affect on me.

Other stuff

Chili Peppers
    Slipknot
    Green Day
    Queen
    Stones
    Beatles
    Rammstein
    Faith No More
    Steel Panther
    The Cure
    And heaps more

Was never the biggest Soundgarden fan, however in retrospect, I’m glad I saw them at Soundwave in 2015.

• Mad Season were really good. Shame they only made one album. Wake Up is the greatest song about herion addiction I have ever heard.

• @GNR4LIFE:

Mad Season were really good. Shame they only made one album. Wake Up is the greatest song about herion addiction I have ever heard

Knowing Layne’s story, that song is just heart wrenching. The desperation and pain in voice is like nothing I have ever heard. One of the greatest songs ever made.

• I feel sorry for Layne. He doesn’t get the recognition he deserves compared to the other front men of the Seattle scene. His voice was almost as good as Cornell’s if not as good.

The story of him and his long term girlfriend is very sad. When she died, he had nothing left and gave up.

• @GNR4LIFE:

I feel sorry for Layne. He doesn’t get the recognition he deserves compared to the other front men of the Seattle scene. His voice was almost as good as Cornell’s if not as good.

The story of him and his long term girlfriend is very sad. When she died, he had nothing left and gave up.

That whole era of Seattle frontmen is just tragic, Kurt, Layne, Chris, Andy Wood all gone from suicide or overdose. Then you look at other band members such as Mike Starr and it gets bleak very quickly.

And I agree Layne was a simply amazing singer, his final years are depressing as hell. Just shut himself away and as you say gave up.

• Sigala- Just got paid (ft French Montana). Fave song atm

Recent Topics