Wildcard Weekend proposed by NRL

For anyone saying it’s entertainment… you are wrong.
If Greenberg was in charge of the Olympics they would have to add some extra lanes in the pool and on the track.
Sometimes when you throw the integrity of the sport down the plughole for a few bucks you start to lose the people who were attracted to it in the first place.
Of course it is entertaining but it’s sport foremost - not WWE.

My point exactly but you said it better😳

I would have said the NRL have lost the plot, but I believe that happened some time ago

I reckon we should just start a knockout from rd 1 that leads into a finals series and have 5 grand finals a season.

The fertile mind of Toddles strikes again with a brilliant idea Baldric would be proud to call his own. Pity his head is full of fermented cow manure.
Seriously could this clown get any worse

Well there has to be some incentive for clubs that never shake the mediocrity cycle , a mediocre board will actually think there non descript decisions are working .

they could allow the first 14 teams in the Semis and we’d still struggle to make it if we play to our usual standard lol.

Every boy and girl gets a prise!

Ridiculous

Where do all the extra players come from?

Teams like the Tigers, Penrith, Parramatta etc will be bled of juniors. Thats how the Storm have been so competitive by picking the eyes out of every club with a great junior pool. In my view we already have to many teams, take it back to 12 teams. We don’t need the Storm, Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys in the competition. Can anybody say that going to the football is better now than in the 70s or 80’s? Back then you used to get 3 games and watch your juniors rise through the ranks and know a fair chunk of the players in the opposing team. Last time I went to Leichhardt 1 game what a jip!

The NRL is going backwards.

The quality of the game will suffer if more teams are added.

@In_Like_Flynn:

In my view we already have to many teams, take it back to 12 teams. We don’t need the Storm, Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys in the competition.

Yeah we will get a great tv deal for that!

@In_Like_Flynn:

Back then you used to get 3 games and watch your juniors rise through the ranks and know a fair chunk of the players in the opposing team. Last time I went to Leichhardt 1 game what a jip!

That part is correct, but can be done without reducing teams.

I love it …9th is now something to strive for

I wouldn’t want 10th to win the comp

Cochise - I can see your point, but taking it back to 12 teams will make it a far better product which is more sellable. I mean who would watch a game between the Titans and Newcastle or Warriors V Canberra. That is not a product that TV stations will be fighting over. Diluting the player pool even further will make even duller games.

@In_Like_Flynn:

Cochise - I can see your point, but taking it back to 12 teams will make it a far better product which is more sellable. I mean who would watch a game between the Titans and Newcastle or Warriors V Canberra. That is not a product that TV stations will be fighting over. Diluting the player pool even further will make even duller games.

Ok, I can see you are taking the piss, nice attempt though.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.