What song are you listening to right now?

@hugggarz said in What song are you listening to right now?:

Jason knocked it out of the park with his new album - really enjoying it.
Might have read about him in the Good Weekend a few weeks ago.

I went to a songwriters retreat a couple of years ago and everyone was talking about this guy, i hadn’t heard of him at that point. Fast forward a few months later and i’d forgotten all about looking him up. was reading an interview with Bob Dylan in which he was asked who the best songwriter in the world was. Hands down Jason Isbell was his answer. that was enough to make me look him up. Have been a fan ever since. 24 frames would prob be my favorite. I didn’t know he had a new album but i’ll def check it out!!

@Russell said in What song are you listening to right now?:

@bathursttiger1 said in What song are you listening to right now?:

@Russell said in What song are you listening to right now?:

@bathursttiger1 said in What song are you listening to right now?:

What a song!!!

Just absolutely brilliant - have it on “High Rotation” on my player.

I think that this is their best song ever, they strived for perfection and they nailed it.

You are probably right BT but boy, just on the Aja album alone there are other magnificent pieces.

Aja, Black Cow, Peg and Josie all come to mind. Different set but love Kid Charlemagne and Caves of Altamira from the “The Royal Scam.”

Too many choices.

@patwalker said in What song are you listening to right now?:

I went to a songwriters retreat a couple of years ago and everyone was talking about this guy, i hadn’t heard of him at that point. Fast forward a few months later and i’d forgotten all about looking him up. was reading an interview with Bob Dylan in which he was asked who the best songwriter in the world was. Hands down Jason Isbell was his answer. that was enough to make me look him up. Have been a fan ever since. 24 frames would prob be my favorite. I didn’t know he had a new album but i’ll def check it out!!

Thats a proper wrap right there, no?
I had little idea he was held in such high regard as I came to know about him through his days in the ‘Drive-by Truckers’ and thought he had such a great voice that I searched a little further to find his solo stuff… to which, funnily enough, 24 Frames was the first song of his I ever heard and got me hooked too.

My faves would be either Children of Children or The Blue but there are so many.

He wrote alot of his own songs and performed with DbT so I recommend giving them a listen if you haven’t already.

Gives me another excuse to listen to it

@hugggarz said in What song are you listening to right now?:

@patwalker said in What song are you listening to right now?:

Thats a proper wrap right there, no?
I had little idea he was held in such high regard as I came to know about him through his days in the ‘Drive-by Truckers’ and thought he had such a great voice that I searched a little further to find his solo stuff… to which, funnily enough, 24 Frames was the first song of his I ever heard and got me hooked too.

My faves would be either Children of Children or The Blue but there are so many.

He wrote alot of his own songs and performed with DbT so I recommend giving them a listen if you haven’t already.

Gives me another excuse to listen to it

He is the songwriters songwriter. Has written SOOO many songs for others too that people don’t realize.
The mentors at the retreat were people like Luke O’shea, Shane Nicolson and Kevin Bennett, extremely talented songwriters who spoke about him like he was a god.
If you like Jason i reckon you’d love Chris Stapleton. Similar level of wizardry in his song writing but he has quite possibly th ebest vocals on the planet right now. I’m a singer and his vocal ability just blows me away! His early stuff with the Steel Drivers is awesome too.

Sevendust have covered Soundgarden’s classic song The Day I Tried To Live…and they nailed it, this song hammers:

@willow said in What song are you listening to right now?:

Sevendust have covered Soundgarden’s classic song The Day I Tried To Live…and they nailed it, this song hammers:

Thanks for posting that mate, I really like it but miss Chris’ vocal on it so much.

One of my favourite albums
The solo around the 3 minute mark is a treat 🌝

@Sausagesorcerer said in What song are you listening to right now?:

@TheDaBoss said in What song are you listening to right now?:

Been subscribed to this guy for a while now

He is crazyy

Very crispy playing

Dude is nuts. I’d give a nut to play like him.

This guy is also pretty talented. He was only 14 or 15 when he did this one IIRC. Also plays an Aussie guitar (Maton):

last edited by Cultured_Bogan

Lots of heavy metal and country here…🤠

Been stuck into

lately.

It’s something else.

@Cultured_Bogan said in What song are you listening to right now?:

He is crazyy

Very crispy playing

This guy is also pretty talented. He was only 14 or 15 when he did this one IIRC. Also plays an Aussie guitar (Maton):

@Cultured_Bogan said in What song are you listening to right now?:

He is crazyy

Very crispy playing

I would love to be able to play guitar like that.kinda similar to how flamenco players can keep two rhythms going at once

@bigsiro said in What song are you listening to right now?:

Lots of heavy metal and country here…🤠

Been stuck into

lately.

It’s something else.

Dam. Never heard of them before! Really enjoyed that 🌝

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Go to https://weststigersforum.com/reset to reset your password, otherwise send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.