Wests Tigers Team V Warriors * Official

All the Round 2 team news!

Author

Dan Talintyre

Timestamp

Tue 19 Mar 2019, 03:58 PM

Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbye has been included in the 21-man squad for Sunday’s clash against the New Zealand Warriors after missing last week’s season opener with a knee injury.

Mbye has been named in jersey 18 for Sunday’s game at Campbelltown Sports Stadium and will be assessed further throughout the week as Michael Maguire’s side look to build on their strong win in Round 1 over the Sea Eagles.

Maguire has named an unchanged side from the one that secured victory in Round 1, with Josh Reynolds, Matt Eisenhuth and Chris McQueen named as reserves.

The only change in the squad is the inclusion of Mbye, who takes the place of Jacob Liddle after the hooker picked up an ankle injury playing in Canterbury Cup.

Don't miss our next home game!>

Don’t miss our next home game!

Similar to Wests Tigers, the Warriors have also opted to name their returning players amongst the reserves with Isaac Luke and Isaiah Papali’i listed as reserves, with Coach Stephen Kearney opting for an unchanged side from last week’s win.

Wests Tigers second home game of the season will see a triple-header of games at Campbelltown Sports Stadium with the club’s Jersey Flegg and Canterbury Cup sides both taking to the field before the NRL side face off against the Warriors.

Gates open at 1:45pm AEDT with NRL kicking off at 6:10pm AEDT.

Match: Wests Tigers v Warriors

[
ROUND 2 - SUNDAY 24TH MARCH
6:10pm

Team
1. Thompson
2. Fonua
3. Momirovski
4. Marsters
5. Jennings
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Matulino
9. Farah
10. Twal
11. Matterson
12. Garner
13. Taylor

Reserves
14. Packer
15. Mikaele
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

18. Mbye
19 Reynolds
20. Eisenhuth
21. Macqueen

I can’t see Fonua retaining his spot with Mbye coming in at fullback. Gee, would be one of the better performances by a tiger the week before being dropped that I can remember.

Lots of criticism for Jennings. Mistake aside, I thought he went OK. The ball chased Fonua - I think Manly wanted to get a mistake out of him - leaving Jennings little opportunity to shine.

It is good when the player demoted is contributing strongly.

hope it’s not raining because once the rain stopped our attack was so good

Fonua did enough to keep his spot in my opinion unfortunately Corey might find himself sitting this one out if Mbye is fit to play…

Always a shame when you have to drop someone who’s played well.
Both the Warriors wingers are big boys so maybe Fonua will get the nod this week … and then there’s Nofo to throw in the mix soon.

I can somehow see Madge last minute bringing Mbye in at fullback, then moving Thompson back on the wing and Fonua back in the centres dropping Momirovski. He could even do that with Reynolds dropping Benji but I don’t think so on that one. Either way it’s kind of annoying to see Reynolds on the reserves when if Madge wants him to play first grade any time soon he should be playing him in reserve grade to get his match fitness up.

It’s a good problem for Madge to have on who to drop if Mbye is fit.

@joelw2002:

I can somehow see Madge last minute bringing Mbye in at fullback, then moving Thompson back on the wing and Fonua back in the centres dropping Momirovski. He could even do that with Reynolds dropping Benji but I don’t think so on that one. Either way it’s kind of annoying to see Reynolds on the reserves when if Madge wants him to play first grade any time soon he should be playing him in reserve grade to get his match fitness up.

I don’t believe Momirovski will be the one to make way if Mbye comes in. Otherwise no surprises with the side named.

Can’t catch a break this kid

@joelw2002:

Madge was just on FOX, said Grub would play reggies, and it was his decision and a selfish decision to hold Grub as 18th man so they would have a quality player ready just in case, as last week he was ready to play.
Well I hope he uses that theory with all players especially Benji in coming weeks, and Grub gets a fair go

Hopefully Farah can stay fit…

@WT2K:

Jacob Liddle (ankle) facing 4 weeks on the sidelines

Injury prone comes to mind when I think of this kid, lucky we have Farah

We could sign McIllwrick…he is on the lookout for a new club 😉

@tigerap:

We could sign McIllwrick…he is on the lookout for a new club 😉

Besides being cheap, what else does he offer, I suppose he stays on the field which is a plus

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.