Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come

@mike said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

Anyone who thinks this will be a Balmain Leagues club doesn’t understand who the owners are. Unless you are a board member of Wests Ashfield, and I am definitely not, you will not have a say on how the club is branded. That’s why I am saying if it ever gets built it will be Wests Tigers because that is how the board of Wests Ashfield see the future of the site.

as long as there’s somewhere to have a beer and a feed with my family after a game where the money goes back to the footy club, in some way, then I’m happy.

I miss the old Balmain leagues club days…but that’s in the distant past…

The tiger on the wall outside was pretty cool. They should incorporate that somewhere

Don’t care if it’s branded as Balmain or Wests Tigers. It’s still the Tigers. This is the future, there’ll be old Balmain honour rolls and the like there to pay respects to the past.

@gallagher said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

The tiger on the wall outside was pretty cool. They should incorporate that somewhere

It was.
I liked it
Very 50s

20200915_185019.jpg

@supercoach said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

Most of the old Balmain folk with ties to the old leagues club are either at Rookwood or moved out of the area. One thing for certain I would rather have Wests Ashfield running the show than the Old Balmain crowd, they have a history of success in the club business, granted blessed with a large population that love a flutter on the bandits.
As for the emblem, if they are funding and running the show they can use any emblem they want…it makes stuff all difference to 99% of people who will be walking through the door

Its funny about the emblem - just go with the WT logo - thats what the NRL and other supporters see is WT. The funny part is the magpie on Wests Ashfield is nothing like the magpie that adorned Wests jerseys.

@diedpretty said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

@supercoach said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

Most of the old Balmain folk with ties to the old leagues club are either at Rookwood or moved out of the area. One thing for certain I would rather have Wests Ashfield running the show than the Old Balmain crowd, they have a history of success in the club business, granted blessed with a large population that love a flutter on the bandits.
As for the emblem, if they are funding and running the show they can use any emblem they want…it makes stuff all difference to 99% of people who will be walking through the door

Its funny about the emblem - just go with the WT logo - thats what the NRL and other supporters see is WT. The funny part is the magpie on Wests Ashfield is nothing like the magpie that adorned Wests jerseys.

We’re a confused club.

@innsaneink said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

@gallagher said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

It was.
I liked it
Very 50s

20200915_185019.jpg

Thats very cool Ink, but I was thinkg about this one. Could only find a partial shot.

cAhrFnCUrureRUH-800x450-noPad.jpg

@OzLuke said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

@Jedi_Tiger said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

they can dress the club up as Wests Tigers but it will always be in Tiger Town .
Like Wests Campbletown is a magpie feel a out it.
This will be great with three genuine clubs

If only it had the magnetic horse racing machine to have a punt on… those were the days

Mate of mine was paid to go to the US, find that , buy that and install it…

@Tiger5150 said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

@OzLuke said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

@Jedi_Tiger said in Balmain saved from brink of extinction with new leagues club to come:

they can dress the club up as Wests Tigers but it will always be in Tiger Town .
Like Wests Campbletown is a magpie feel a out it.
This will be great with three genuine clubs

If only it had the magnetic horse racing machine to have a punt on… those were the days

Mate of mine was paid to go to the US, find that , buy that and install it…

great investment!!!

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme