Broncos at Suncorp

Once again the Broncos get very dodgy calls go their way at Suncorp.

Last week it was a 4m forward pass that directly resulted in a try.

This week it’s Birds hand touching the ball which Ravalawa lost and Oats picked up and scored.

Replay showed it was a loose carry and Bird didn’t dislodge the ball but!!
He definitely touched it, and Oates was in front of him when he picked it up.

NO TRY Mr Bunker!!
But bunker gives it the green light.

I’m not the only one who has noticed the amount of calls that go the Broncos way at Suncorp, I’m going to try to come back here after every Suncorp game and document all the calls the Broncos get.

Forward passes seem to just get a blind eye turned to them.
This is a common event at Suncorp, I recall 2 blatant 4m+ forward passes that stick out I think both against the Cowboys both that resulted in tries.
I understand that forward passes get missed everywhere, but there’s been some stunningly forward passes let go for the Broncos at Suncorp.

They certainly get the rub of the green whenever they play - especially at Suncorp.

This is a great thread. I can keep a running tally of the blatant wrong decisions that go their way. Not that anything can be done, but a thread to fall back on when I feel like bitching about the Broncos. 😃

@Doc_Tiger:

This is a great thread. I can keep a running tally of the blatant wrong decisions that go their way. Not that anything can be done, but a thread to fall back on when I feel like bitching about the Broncos. 😃

😁 Great put it all here, let’s look back at it at seasons end, if it’s looking pretty crook I might write an article about it or send it to the big nobs see what they think.
Might even get a petition going for a royal commission into the murder the Broncos get away with at home.

You could go back three years. I can’t remember the games or exact decisions but last year Broncos won 3 games they shouldn’t have and the year before was the same. Bloody disgraceful, blatant and unchecked. Everyone knows it but Greenberg doesn’t care.
And I’ll mention this little gem - super round this year when all teams play at Suncorp: its a Broncos away game. Laughable really.

Had the following inn the Live thread - will put it here as well seeing this thread has started up.

Refs did their best to get the Donkeys home - at least on this occasion justice prevailed.

Oates try was a knock on from Bird or at least Oates off side when he picked it up.
The penalty that led to the other try was just a joke.

TPJ was making a habit of flop tackles in the first half (I counted three) with of course no action taken.

Serious problems for the NRL when it is all this blatant!

@Russell:

TPJ was making a habit of flop tackles in the first half (I counted three) with of course no action taken

Yeah I noticed TPJ coming in way late looked like he was trying to put shots on but just arriving way too late, the tackles were completed he didn’t need to be involved.

Go and watch some of the forward passes that have been let go there over the years, I’m sure there’s a YT video of NRLs worst howlers or something, tell me how the touchie standing right in line with the ball doesn’t call them.

They’re the most forward forward passes I’ve ever seen!!

Their third try was also a joke - the ruling that Nikorima was held back from regaining the ball was laughable - broncs received penalty and scored in the next set of 6 tackles.

Bird definitely pushed the ball out in the Oates try but the only person that could not see that was the Bunker. I am sure it sounded like Ashley Kline again. The same bloke who cost us last year against the donkeys, when everybody said the penalty should have gone our way. This bloke has passed his used by date both on the field and in the Bunker.

TPJ flopped at will. The result of the less penalty stance. Watching the Knights/Canberra game it was on for young and old around the ruck area but still no penalties. Something has to change.

Yes, he’s turning into a grub pretty fast. There’s a fair bit of Thaiday influence there I’d say.

I’ve noticed the various cheap shots he does each week. Third man in, attacking the ribs of an already tackled player. Hopefully the refs pick this up sooner rather than later.

Typical New South Welshmen!

@Properossi:

Typical New South Welshmen!

😆 He’s only a grub while he’s wearing a maroon jersey playing for a Qld team.

He’ll be sweet in a blue jersey

@TIGER:

😆 He’s only a grub while he’s wearing a maroon jersey playing for a Qld team.

He’ll be sweet in a blue jersey

Or a black, orange and white one

All the makings of Fifita MK II!

Great one week average the next

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.