Too Slow

• We will always struggle until we get a faster more dynamic backline. We haven’t had anything in attack for 2-3 years.
    When we attack the line from 20 we have nothing. We need to buy size and speed. A visit to the Pacific Islands is needed I think.

A very disappointing day in front of one of the biggest crowds Campbo has seen for years.

• Too slow
    Too dumb

• Too lazy today

• I don’t know what’s wrong with Mbye, but that knee seems to be doing him so problems.

• No speed and a couple of pensioners.

• @shane2801:

When we attack the line from 20 we have nothing. We need to buy size and speed. A visit to the Pacific Islands is needed I think.

Huh Have you seen our outside backs?
    They’re not from Bundaberg

• It was our spine today that were terrible. It was also much more Mbye and Brooks to blame rather than Benji and Robbie.

The forwards went forward. The outside backs were okay. Brooks was awful and Mbye although he tried was pretty ordinary.

• @Madge:

I don’t know what’s wrong with Mbye, but that knee seems to be doing him so problems.

Mbye is average, it’s that simple. It’s no shock to me

• No speed and no attack.

Bulldogs kept shifting in and wed get the ball to Marsters, but what good is Fonua going to do if put in space? You also saw them get down our right edge a few times.

We have barely made a legitimate line break in 3 weeks, the attacking threat in the backs is really minimal.

• It’s a marathon and not a sprint it was a very bad day at the office. We took them lightly and they gave us a hiding. I do agree we are missing a Josh Addo Carr or a Korobiete. Oh I forgot we had them both.

• Big time.

Lets look at roles reversed for the dogs first try. If Mbye picks that ball up and links up with the likes of Masters, Jennings, Fonua….do we score that try?

• @kingbrooks:

Big time.

Lets look at roles reversed for the dogs first try. If Mbye picks that ball up and links up with the likes of Masters, Jennings, Fonua….do we score that try?

No. We are like the Sharks a few years ago. They didn’t challenge until they brought in Valentine Holmes and Jack Bird. Grinding sides can win without speedsters but every game is harder fought. Speed makes life much easier.

• The thing is, we can only grind out wins. WE have to grind just as hard vs the dogs as we did the warriors.

• Mbye is an average player, have never rated him….masters isnt much better

• We really need some speed on Fonuas wing, teams just mark up on Masters because there’s no threat outside him.
    They know that he’s our attacking point. Maybe try momo on that wing or put Jennings there and have momo at centre on the other side.
    Where are all the speed men gone?

Recent Topics