Our defence

Now do you know why I wanted to see us play on a dry track before judging us?

We had the benefit of playing 2 teams on wet tracks in the first 2 rounds and compressing our middle and therefore controlling the ruck and everyone was getting carried away saying were a different team, our defence has improved and we’re not conceding points etc.

Today we saw where our defence is really at, got dominated at the ruck, let the Dogs roll through us and they pushed up in support and completely destroyed us, imo the scoreline flattered us.
A decent side would have put 50 on us.

Our attack was limp, a few times we did make inroads we had players standing by watching like spectators (they might as well have started clapping and cheering)
Then we had Brooks pushing crash passes to backrowers who had heat on them.
We persisted down Fonuas side for far too long (yes we did eventually get over) but gee it looked like we had a plan to go after Jamaal the 2nd and that was it.

Once again brought back down to earth by a team we we’re expected to beat, nothing changes with this team.

Disappointed is an understatement.

Line speed was crap, we got rolled up the middle.

Edge defenders were lazy and watching.

Did anyone see Benji just standing there when Adam Elliot scored his try. He should be embarrassed, that was horiffic for a player that has played almost 300 games.

That’s the problem. Benji has played 300 games the last 12 too many.

@Madge:

Did anyone see Benji just standing there when Adam Elliot scored his try. He should be embarrassed, that was horiffic for a player that has played almost 300 games.

Did you really watch that. Matterson was the worst offender there by far.

@Newtown:

That’s the problem. Benji has played 300 games the last 12 too many.

12, I would say 20

@TIGER:

Now do you know why I wanted to see us play on a dry track before judging us?

How’d we do last night in the Dry…only 2 tries conceded

Better but if they don’t spill 2 balls over the line we are having a different conversation, and lets face it Brisbane’s attack is worse than ours so I won’t go judging on that game either.

Brisbane in the first half were rolling through us up the middle with ease, we did rectify it eventually but it was a concern.

@TIGER:

Brisbane’s attack is worse than ours so I won’t go judging on that game either.

Wait what…… Wests Tigers have a better attack than the Brisbane Broncos…cool

Penrith’s is worse than both of them.

We defended a large amount of sets on our goal line and if you can’t see the improvement in the structure of our defence then you’re kidding yourself.

TIGER
“Brisbane’s attack is worse than ours so I won’t go judging on that game either.”

Our For and Against doesn’t indicate that.

@Newtown:

TIGER
“Brisbane’s attack is worse than ours so I won’t go judging on that game either.”

Our For and Against doesn’t indicate that.

Whats for and against got to do with how potent your attack is?

You could have scored 90% of your tries off fumbled kicks from the opposition.
Does that mean you have great attack?

We had great numbers in defence and attack everyone seems to be switched on.

Always an excuse to include some data and dismiss others.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.