FEATURE Why Panthers said no to Bennett and yes to Cleary in NRL coaching shake-up

@gallagher:

I think Maloney should be our focus. Cleary doesn’t seen that dangerous to me.

I agree Maloney is a far worse defender than Cleary, another reason to run at him, plus he will give away a heap of penalties trying to slow the ruck speed

Not at Penrith he won’t. They could hold down and hogtie our players and no penalties will be forthcoming

@Harvey:

Not at Penrith he won’t. They could hold down and hogtie our players and no penalties will be forthcoming

It has happened quite a lot of times to us, but lets hope the refs are a different breed now they have a new boss

@supercoach:

Of course on a positive note, without Cleary defecting we would not have Madge

This is the kicker for sure. Even after only a few games I can already see that Madge is a much better fit for our team than Cleary was.

We’ve had too many ‘laid back Lenny’ coaches over the years, it’s good to have one who actually shows some emotion and is not afraid to flog the team hard at training and give them an angry spray after a poor performance. Potter, Taylor and Cleary could all just be wax models at Madame Toussards for all the emotion (or lack of it) that they showed during their time here.

On another note, how desperate was O’Neill to hang onto Nathan and how desperate was Ivan to coach his son that all commonsense was thrown out the window and Cleary ended up as coach instead of Bennett! Bennett would’ve done wonders with that Panthers outfit. Instead they’ve ended up with Mr 43% - good luck 😂

I can understand Clearys desperation. A coachs career can be over at any moment so this opportunity may never have emerged again. That doesn’t excuse him though.

But turning up Bennett for him is crazy. Madness

@Spud_Murphy:

Mr 43%

I call him the traitor, but I like that one and hope the number stays similar.

Can this kicker knock them over from anywhere ….😀

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.