Jersey Flegg Team Announcement Round 4

• Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg Coach Wayne Lambkin has named his team to take on the Victorian Thunderbolts for their Round 4 clash this Saturday at Haines Drive Reserve in Melbourne.

Both sides will head in to the game after recording a draw in their season opener followed by a defeat in Round 3, with Wests Tigers Coach Lambkin making a handful of changes for this week’s game to try and secure the team’s first win.

2019 Development Players Tommy Talau, Kane Bradley, Alex Seyfarth, Jock Madden and Henry Lealuga-Puhotau have all been named, while Gus Garzaniti gets his first start of the year at five-eighth — replacing Ben Stevanovic.

Curtis Wilson and Sione Tupou are the new faces on the bench for Wests Tigers.

Kickoff for the match is at 2:00pm AEDT, with live coverage via the Match Centre.

1. Logen Dillon
    2. Liam Scolari
    3. Zac Cini
    4. Tommy Talau
    5. Kane Bradley
    6. Gus Garzaniti
    7. Jock Madden
    8. Senn Kane
    9. Rua Ngati
    10. Henry Lealuga–Puhotau
    11. Billy Stapleton
    12. Ben Seufale
    13. Alex Seyfarth

Interchange:
    14. Curtis Wilson
    16. Lucas Castle
    17. Felix Smith
    18. Mavoni Tuifua
    21. Sione Tupou
    Coach: Wayne Lambkin

–-

Good to see the 2 weakest performers dropped. Players need to be held accountable. Let’s hope the back row can improve on their recent outings.

Scolari now with 4 tries in 2 matches. We beat these boys comfortably in pre-season, let’s hope we repeat the scoreline this weekend.

• seyfarth and henry lucky to be in the side after last weeks performance the kid playing half madden herd all the wraps about him. disappointing last week as a matter of fact he got in the way more than anything else

• @fred:

seyfarth and henry lucky to be in the side after last weeks performance the kid playing half madden herd all the wraps about him. disappointing last week as a matter of fact he got in the way more than anything else

Not really. Henry is a very highly rated young player with lots of clubs chasing him before he re-signed with us last week. Still young and a work in progress, he’ll make mistakes from time to time.

Seyfarth has played junior Origin the past few years and been a rep player every year to date. I don’t see it myself, as I said he’s like a Lovett with a bigger frame, but he works his backside off in games and in training. Hopefully if his output doesn’t improve in the coming weeks and months his role in the team is changed.

Not sure how a halfback who is the sole person organising the team gets in the way. Wasn’t there last week but I imagine you mean he ran the ball too much and didn’t get it to the backs quickly enough?

• maybe its henrys fitness then he was gassed after 5 min on the weekend . seyfarth got dominated big time on the weekend . by the look of it on the weekend it was like the 5/8 would call a play but the half would overrule him all the time we wont win many games if that keeps happening

• Not sure about Henry’s fitness. Can’t gauge that on one game, maybe he had a virus, head knock or injury etc

I would hope that Madden would overrule the 5/8 a lot. Last week’s 5/8 lead us to our worst ever performance in NYC/Flegg. He was very poor and his skills and decision making were very inconsistent. If he can work on his game at a lower level that would help him. Madden is the highest rated halfback in the country of his age and he should back himself more often than not. A capable halves partner he can trust will of course assist and take the pressure off him though.

I don’t think Garzaniti is the answer either however we’ll see how he goes this year after another off season.

• I think seyfarth was the worst performer, 5th tackle penalties, drop balls that led to tries, missed tackles on his own line, and constantly putting his side under pressure ,absolutely doesnt mean too much playing junior reps, you only need to be a massive suck hole or the right person in the right coaching role likes you and you will get picked over more talented plyers etc…. be very wary when saying his kids a junior rep player this and that, its more political than the Australian cricket side, cini two first tackle mistakes after Dillon and Bradley got us back into it after halftime. fair enough they dropped stefanovic and the backrower, do agree though that madden needs to learn that the backline has some very gifted players in it, wanting to overplay your hand because you’ve had a pre season with first grade is a massive trap for a young playmaker, you keep doing it and you alienate your team mates very quickly, good outside backs want quick sharp ball, they don’t want 2 and 3 slow set up plays, they get the right match up and they want it now, henry has been very disappointing in his two games so far, if you have seen him go around and someone told you this bloke has been training with first grade, you would to think adevelopment contract is a waste of time on this kid unfortunately, very very lazy.

• this team has way too many good players to be 1 draw from 2 games

• Hope Wilson scores a few!

• Don’t know much about this squad… any of the backs have genuine pace?

• I think the winger scolari looks pretty quick, according to a bulldogs supporter I was talking to at the game last Sunday, he reckons dillon , the fullback , has run against his son at school athletics and apparently has run 10.8 something he said, I was listening but I wasn’t listening if you know what I mean

• Looking at school times last year Scolari has run 10.8 - 11.1s times. He also ran the 200m in 22.3s so he can motor. From Dubbo by the looks.

• Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg side have recorded their first win of the season with a convincing 34-10 win over the Victorian Thunderbolts on Saturday afternoon at Haines Drive Reserve.

After a frustrating draw in their opening game and disappointing defeat to the Bulldogs last weekend, Wayne Lambkin’s side finally produced the performance they’d been promising previously, with their attack clicking for the entire game to hand Wests Tigers a dominant 24-point win.

A change in the halves with the inclusion of Gus Garzaniti proved helpful for Wests Tigers, with the experienced playmaker scoring two tries and combining well with Jock Madden at halfback and Logen Dillon at fullback to set up the win.

Dillon scored two tries himself in the first half to put the visitors on the front foot, while Madden had a perfect afternoon with the boot, landing 5/5 conversions.

The result sees Wests Tigers creep to the edge of the top eight after Round 4 ahead of next week’s clash against the North Sydney Bears at Leichhardt Oval.

A late inclusion to the centres in place of Tommy Talau, Curtis Wilson got Wests Tigers off to the perfect start when he dived over in the opening minute of the game before Dillon made it 12-0 in the space of just five minutes with his first try.

Christopher Schwalger got the Thunderbolts on the board just before half-time and Antonio Sanele just after, but Dillon and Garzaniti were well in control of the game — adding another three tries between them to take the lead out to 20 points.

With an extra man advantage courtesy of a professional foul from the Thunderbolts, Wests Tigers 2019 Development Player Kane Bradley made it three tries in three games to start the year when he added a final four-pointer for his side late on.

Wests Tigers 34 (Dillon 2, Garzaniti 2, Wilson, Bradley tries; Madden 5/5 goals) def. Victorian Thunderbolts 10 (Schwalger, Sanele tries; Stimon 1/2 goals)

Recent Topics