Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Tiger5150 said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Needaname said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Tiger5150 said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Needaname said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@avocadoontoast said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@avocadoontoast said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@tony-soprano said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Russell said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@gallagher said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@2005magic said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

We have had multiple threads on this in the past but dont forget Pascoe was also getting it from Egan backing up Cleary’s request. Hard to say no when you have the 2 x professionals in your ear. Yes, I agree he should have but understand the situation Pascoe was in. Assume he has well and truely from those days.

That’s the risk you take when you get a guy who’s never be a CEO before . Our previous one had no experience either. Bargain buys.

He was CEO at the Pamfers before he came to us.

Incorrect

You seem pretty sure of that…want to reassess? Phone a friend?

He’s right, he was head of rugby league. Wasn’t CEO. Brian Fletcher is current CEO and before that it was Warren Wilson (when Pascoe was there)

It is the same job. Head of NRL is the Chief Executive Officer on behalf of the board to run the NRL operations. CEO of Panthers (Fletcher) is CEO of the entire Panthers Group (Including a multitude of licensed clubs.

Its the same position as CEO at Tigers

At Panthers he reported up to Wilson. Wilson still ultimately called the shots, like Fletcher does now. Pascoe wasn’t the big boss, had someone above him he had to answer too.

As he does now as well. Thats what CEO means. He executes the directions of the board. He answers to Lee and the board. Its the same job. Fletcher is CEO of the group.

I know very well the difference between a CEO and a divisional head, which is what Pascoe was. He answers to the board here because he is CEO, he answered to Wilson at Penrith because Wilson was CEO. There is a difference.

No difference other than semantics. Who is the equivalent to Fletcher at the tigers? Who carries out the same job that Pascoe did at the Panthers here?

The Panthers group is in reference to the Panthers clubs. Nothing to do with the football team. Bryan Fletchers position is the same as that Simon fella from West’s Ashfield.
Pascoe was the general manager at the time. I believe also an interim CEO, but spent the majority of his time in that role at Harvard curtesy of the Panthers.

That is exactly my point. There is NO equivalent of Fletcher at the Wests Tigers. Pascoes job and role at Penrith was the same as here.

No, there is no Fletcher job within the Panthers football club. That’s the part your no getting.
It’s a job to run all the Panthers leagues clubs.

As I mentioned Pascoe was an interim CEO until they appointed Corey Payne. That’s why he left.

There is no part I am not getting. Penrith Football Club is 100% owned by Panthers Group. There are not separate boards. The Board of Panthers Group Controls the Penrith Football team and the CEO is Brian Fletcher. The CEO of the Panthers Football team is Brian Fletcher, that is why HE announced Gould was leaving last year.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/04/24/press-conference-brian-fletcher/

The position that Pascoe had at Panthers was Head of NRL which is a different name but the same job as he has here. That is the whole point.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2016/03/shake-up-confirmed-at-panthers-with-brian-fletcher-appointed-new-ceo/

“While Mr Fletcher, who has been CEO of Hawkesbury Race Club for more than 25 years, will take on the role as Group CEO, there will still be a CEO specifically in charge of the rugby league side of the business, with the club to go to market to find the right person for that role, which was vacated by Justin Pascoe more than six months ago.”

By the way, are you aware that you have just 100% contradicted your earlier statement? You stated as a fact that Justin Pascoe was only an interim CEO and that is why he left when Cory Payne took over. But now you are saying that Fletcher had to take over and that they went to market 6 months after Pascoe left?

Pascoe wasnt interim and had to leave when Corey Payne took over. Pascoe left Panthers for a better offer.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/penrith-ceo-pascoe-resigns-immediately

Can you guys exchange numbers and sort this privately its getting BORING

Im with you. The original discussion was between @avocadoontoast and I when others stated that Pascoe had no previous experience because Wilson then Fletcher were the CEO. I pointed out the differences in structures and that Pascoes role at Penrith is identical in everything but name as his role as CEO here at Tigers. Avo and I ended that discussion I thought in a civil manner (or he also got bored) then days later Needaname has swooped to argue with me by making the same point that I made.

Its hard to win a forum argument with someone who is furiously agreeing with you.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@tony-soprano said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@Russell said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@gallagher said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

@2005magic said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

We have had multiple threads on this in the past but dont forget Pascoe was also getting it from Egan backing up Cleary’s request. Hard to say no when you have the 2 x professionals in your ear. Yes, I agree he should have but understand the situation Pascoe was in. Assume he has well and truely from those days.

That’s the risk you take when you get a guy who’s never be a CEO before . Our previous one had no experience either. Bargain buys.

Incorrect

He’s right, he was head of rugby league. Wasn’t CEO. Brian Fletcher is current CEO and before that it was Warren Wilson (when Pascoe was there)

It is the same job. Head of NRL is the Chief Executive Officer on behalf of the board to run the NRL operations. CEO of Panthers (Fletcher) is CEO of the entire Panthers Group (Including a multitude of licensed clubs.

At Panthers he reported up to Wilson. Wilson still ultimately called the shots, like Fletcher does now. Pascoe wasn’t the big boss, had someone above him he had to answer too.

As he does now as well. Thats what CEO means. He executes the directions of the board. He answers to Lee and the board. Its the same job. Fletcher is CEO of the group.

I know very well the difference between a CEO and a divisional head, which is what Pascoe was. He answers to the board here because he is CEO, he answered to Wilson at Penrith because Wilson was CEO. There is a difference.

No difference other than semantics. Who is the equivalent to Fletcher at the tigers? Who carries out the same job that Pascoe did at the Panthers here?

The Panthers group is in reference to the Panthers clubs. Nothing to do with the football team. Bryan Fletchers position is the same as that Simon fella from West’s Ashfield.
Pascoe was the general manager at the time. I believe also an interim CEO, but spent the majority of his time in that role at Harvard curtesy of the Panthers.

That is exactly my point. There is NO equivalent of Fletcher at the Wests Tigers. Pascoes job and role at Penrith was the same as here.

No, there is no Fletcher job within the Panthers football club. That’s the part your no getting.

As I mentioned Pascoe was an interim CEO until they appointed Corey Payne. That’s why he left.

There is no part I am not getting. Penrith Football Club is 100% owned by Panthers Group. There are not separate boards. The Board of Panthers Group Controls the Penrith Football team and the CEO is Brian Fletcher. The CEO of the Panthers Football team is Brian Fletcher, that is why HE announced Gould was leaving last year.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/04/24/press-conference-brian-fletcher/

The position that Pascoe had at Panthers was Head of NRL which is a different name but the same job as he has here. That is the whole point.

https://westernweekender.com.au/2016/03/shake-up-confirmed-at-panthers-with-brian-fletcher-appointed-new-ceo/

“While Mr Fletcher, who has been CEO of Hawkesbury Race Club for more than 25 years, will take on the role as Group CEO, there will still be a CEO specifically in charge of the rugby league side of the business, with the club to go to market to find the right person for that role, which was vacated by Justin Pascoe more than six months ago.”

By the way, are you aware that you have just 100% contradicted your earlier statement? You stated as a fact that Justin Pascoe was only an interim CEO and that is why he left when Cory Payne took over. But now you are saying that Fletcher had to take over and that they went to market 6 months after Pascoe left?

Pascoe wasnt interim and had to leave when Corey Payne took over. Pascoe left Panthers for a better offer.

Im with you. The original discussion was between @avocadoontoast and I when others stated that Pascoe had no previous experience because Wilson then Fletcher were the CEO. I pointed out the differences in structures and that Pascoes role at Penrith is identical in everything but name as his role as CEO here at Tigers. Avo and I ended that discussion I thought in a civil manner (or he also got bored) then days later Needaname has swooped to argue with me by making the same point that I made.

Its hard to win a forum argument with someone who is furiously agreeing with you.

Lol I would disagree I was furiously agreeing with you.

Incorrect

In saying that though, it’s Days later coz it just popped up in the recent chats part down the bottom. So I was a about 3 days behind the thread. As a side, is there another way to monitor, topics of interest?

Incorrect

In saying that though, it’s Days later coz it just popped up in the recent chats part down the bottom. So I was a about 3 days behind the thread. As a side, is there another way to monitor, topics of interest?

I usually just use the unread topics option from the drop down menu (top left) and delete the ones Im not interested in.

Incorrect

Thats the point, if you were aware that you were agreeing with me, there wouldnt be an argument. Read posts 86 and 88 of this thread as a start.

last edited by Tiger5150

Incorrect

Thats the point, if you were aware that you were agreeing with me, there wouldnt be an argument. Read posts 86 and 88 of this thread as a start.

There are post numbers?

Incorrect

There are post numbers?

Top right you will see something like 173 out or 173. Click on the first number and type the number of post that you want to go to (86 or 88).

last edited by Tiger5150

Incorrect

Love this. Should be the WTF motto.

Gus was the boss.

If you look at the Panthers annual report when Pascoe was there, the CEO talked about the overall results and Gould talked the rugby league (as exec GM). Pascoe wasn’t mentioned in the document from what I could see… just saying.

Gus was the boss.

If you look at the Panthers annual report when Pascoe was there, the CEO talked about the overall results and Gould talked the rugby league (as exec GM). Pascoe wasn’t mentioned in the document from what I could see… just saying.

Why would anyone bother doing that…

Even my cat thinks the Penrith conspiracy is true.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

@Geo said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

Gus was the boss.

Why would anyone bother doing that…

Because I lead a pathetic life.

Gus was the boss.

I dunno, maybe Gus answered to the Pas.

@Lauren said in Panthers' coach Ivan Cleary refuses to apologise for Wests Tigers exit:

Without argument on-field performance and the composition of the ladder is what separates the winners from the losers, and being content with mediocre results in both is what the club(and fans) should be moving away from.

I think Justin deserves credit for his involvement with our financial security, as well as marketing and communication but Marina Go’s input often goes unmentioned. Her whole approach during her tenure exuded true leadership and governance. I personally thought she was more ballsy than Justin.

Yes she did. She did a lot of work involving corporate support. And the club thanked her by knifing her in the night. Such a poor outcome. When that alcoholic pissant Phil Rothfield constantly dumps on you, you know you’re doing something right.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme