Speechless

I’m sorry but you are being one-eyed in this regard. Plenty of teams blow matches they should win. That would be true of perhaps half of all close matches - one side is ahead and they either go on with it (about 50% of the time) or get run down.

Think about it logically - Tigers are the only team who blows games they should win? No of course not. Then logically it extends that a number of other sides blow leads. So perhaps you are saying that the Tigers are the only team that has a “habit” of blowing leads?

Well that then assumes that most other sides who get in front in a match, stay in front. Because if they didn’t, if they got to the front but were run down, with any regularity, then they would also be sides that had a habit of blowing leads.

I truly look forward to all these future NRL games where teams are 6 points ahead with 30 mins to go (as per last night) and 90% of them win.

In fact can you even state the last time Tigers blew what could be considered a winning lead? Rd 8 last year we were up against Parra but they scored with 12 to go; that was a see-saw game, would not have called it a game we blew.

So the answer then, in my opinion, is Rd 7 2018 where the SKD scored that late try for the Knights. The Roosters game Rd 13 we came home late rather than giving up a lead. The Broncos game Rd 3 was another see-sawing game - we only led by 2 and they got a borderline penalty, then we kicked the FG to draw level.

Thus we are looking at 2 games lost where we probably should have won - Rd 4 2019 and Rd 7 2018. That’s some habit we have.

Mate I appreciate the detail you put into your posts. More than I’m willing to do that’s for sure. All I’m saying is we continually lose games we should win or blow leads. We rarely close out a game. If I’m wrong, well I must have slept through all our semi final appearances over the last few years. We choke, we get nervous. Even last night: we were making huge metres all night - come the last 10 minutes our sets were all over the place. What happened - we lost. Again!

So it seems like groundhog day, we have been here long enough to know we can’t kick field goals, maybe someone should have told madge that. The boys tried their hearts out. Let’s hope they can sort it out this week cause we can’t beat broncos on a few tries.

@Tiger_Steve:

Mate I appreciate the detail you put into your posts. More than I’m willing to do that’s for sure. All I’m saying is we continually lose games we should win or blow leads. We rarely close out a game. If I’m wrong, well I must have slept through all our semi final appearances over the last few years. We choke, we get nervous. Even last night: we were making huge metres all night - come the last 10 minutes our sets were all over the place. What happened - we lost. Again!

Yep, it’s real Steve. Of course other teams lose some games they should have won but not to our extent. We’re chokers

That’s as one-eyed of a comment as I have seen.

This post is deleted!

With the number of teams that got run down or lost by 1-2 points in just this past round of football, I really don’t know what you guys are talking about.

I’m telling you that you should not entirely trust your own perception of the side that you watch every week and have a very real emotional attachment to. What you are saying is not borne out by the actual results on paper, it just isn’t.

Now Raiders, they lose 7 matches by 4 points or less in 2018. Perhaps then you have an argument about them “choking” or failing to close out close results. But Tigers actually won more close games than lost last year.

No argument we don’t make finals - but that’s not really about losing games “we should have won”, that’s about not playing consistently enough over 24 rounds and not winning enough games across the whole season. I never buy the argument “wow if we just won GAME X then we would have made the finals this year”. Well hot damn, and if we didn’t get beat 50 points in one of the other games, we would have made the finals too.

I think the competition is tighter this year, as we have just seen 3 games last week taken to golden point very early in the season. Goal kicking will play an even bigger part this year come for and against in playing finals footy.

The cream will rise to the top very quickly and I predict the top three teams will clear out from the pack very quickly. Than you will have the Sharks,Riff and Bronks in the next group with teams like Parra, St George, Canberra fighting for the scraps. The rest are making up the numbers.

Sure injuries and bad luck could change all that, but hard to see anything much different

I think you’re bang on.

At the moment the Roosters and Storm are that far ahead of everyone that the rest need binoculars to see them.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.