Result sucked, but there were enough positives

• Reynolds was great
    • Garner continues to prove himself
    • Matterson had had his best game for us and showed why he is a very good signing.
    • Thompson was faultless
    • Jennings is getting better

There are more and we showed that we have a lot going for us. It was just poor execution that let us down. If tonight is a foundation we will only improve.
    Once the team starts to gel more we can definitely become much more competitive.

• Yay… Same old crap imo

• @Sabre:

• Reynolds was great
    • Garner continues to prove himself
    • Matterson had had his best game for us and showed why he is a very good signing.
    • Thompson was faultless
    • Jennings is getting better

There are more and we showed that we have a lot going for us. It was just poor execution that let us down. If tonight is a foundation we will only improve.
    Once the team starts to gel more we can definitely become much more competitive.

You’re way more optimistic than me.
    I saw one positive
    Reynolds.

And I could mention 50 negatives without even trying hard.

Penrith played worse than any team I’ve ever seen and they still beat us, hard to be positive after that.

• Idk how you can take solace in much tonight. We were dreadful, playing a side even worse, and we still lost.

• Lol you must be new to this team if you can find positives in that.

• When you put it like that… We’re so ridiculously bad it’s almost funny. Actually I did laugh after reading this, I didn’t know what else to do.

• Been following pre-merger.
    We weren’t great, but enough individuals stood up and played good games

• There were no positives tonight …it was an inept showing in general.

• Oh Sabre I love you, but I just can’t be happy about anything tonight. This loss has just hit so hard.

Reynolds was good though, I believe he was man of the match but channel 9 refused to talk to any of our players or go into our dressing room for some reason - it was all about Penrith. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a one-sided post match telecast.

• Yes Reynolds was a positive in that mess but other than him it was a shocker.
    I just watched the Coach’s press conference and I think he must have watched a different game, he too saw lots of positives, I must have blinked and missed them. Tonight I am not disappointed as I usually am with losses, I am angry. Angry because it is the same old rubbish that the team seem to think is acceptable and it simply isn’t.

• Have a feeling it was the other way around. They must’ve gone straight into the sheds and locked the door after that performance.

• Can take as many positives out of that game as you like. We still lost.

We did enough to win it and as usual crapped ourselves at the death.

• Yep That’ll do me. Cancelling my membership and Foxtel. Won’t watch another game of footy this year! Had a gutful of the same amateurish tripe year in year out. What happens to a player when they join this organisation? They must be labotomised and shown films with toothpicks wedged under their eyelids on how to snatch defeat from certain victory. Goodbye West’s Tigers forum, goodbye West’s Tigers. Want the old days back when those Magpies fought for every point they got and won games when they weren’t supposed to!

• You haven’t posted in a year. You’ve come back from not being here to tell us you’re not going to be here?

• There are some glaring weaknesses which, have to be addressed but I agree in general.

We need a goal kicking lock Rhyse Martin would make a big difference .

The balance of the backline is wrong Corey, Jennings, Garner on the left Marsters, Matterson, Fonua on the right. All the strike in attack is on Reynolds side of the field. I’d switch Jennings to the right and Marsters to the left.

Lawrence returning will also add punch. Garner is good but we lack power on the left and Brooks is being rushed defensively as a result.

Recent Topics