BankWest Stadium 🏟

• @Telltails said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

Calling Bank West “our jungle” is almost as irritating and a whole lot more embarrassing than the “on the bus” tag. The people who implement this stuff need to be shafted.

Nothing will ever be as cringe as “on the bus”. One of the biggest perks about Cleary cutting and running.

• @innsaneink - decking out with our colours logos sponsors etc on game day great - but “our jungle” suggests something it just isnt, so why put us in a position for more ridicule? Just thought they would have learned after the “on the bus.” We need to focus on winning games first, before projecting that we are more superior than we actually are. Just my thoughts on it.

• @Telltails said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@innsaneink - decking out with our colours logos sponsors etc on game day great - but “our jungle” suggests something it just isnt, so why put us in a position for more ridicule? Just thought they would have learned after the “on the bus.” We need to focus on winning games first, before projecting that we are more superior than we actually are. Just my thoughts on it.

So we’re the Donald Trump of the NRL then?

• @GNR4LIFE - interesting analogy that never entered my head, but amusing none the least.

• @GNR4LIFE said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@Telltails said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@innsaneink - decking out with our colours logos sponsors etc on game day great - but “our jungle” suggests something it just isnt, so why put us in a position for more ridicule? Just thought they would have learned after the “on the bus.” We need to focus on winning games first, before projecting that we are more superior than we actually are. Just my thoughts on it.

I wish we were the Trumps of the NRL.
    He’s a winner and the most powerful man in the world.
    We’re losers and probably the least powerful club in the league …

• @Newtown said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@cochise At the moment it is a very messy jungle.

Full of quicksand

• @cktiger said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@GNR4LIFE said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

@Telltails said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

I wish we were the Trumps of the NRL.
    He’s a winner and the most powerful man in the world.
    We’re losers and probably the least powerful club in the league …

Idk, projecting that we are more superior than we really are rather than actually achieving anything sounds spot on imo.

• Two new tenants on the way.

NRL clubs have been told to prepare for work on ANZ Stadium to begin after next year’s State of Origin. Means Canterbury and South Sydney will play half the season at ANZ before moving, likely to Bankwest. Also means 2 grand finals likely to be at SCG.
    Via Brent Read

• Can’t believe the NRL went with the SCG

Great historical ground but shocking viewing for rugby league

• @happy_tiger said in BankWest Stadium 🏟:

Can’t believe the NRL went with the SCG

Great historical ground but shocking viewing for rugby league

I thought 1 year would have been ok, talk up the tradition and all that crap. But the 2nd year should have been somewhere else.

Recent Topics