Kikau no try

• NRL have said it should’ve been awarded.

Funny how we all forgot about it eh?

• @innsaneink:

NRL have said it should’ve been awarded.

Funny how we all forgot about it eh?

I don’t even remember it lol

• Double movement! Elbow carrying the ball hits the ground and he then promotes the ball.

• It was clear, eh!

• @tiger_one:

It was clear, eh!

I have no idea how anyone could think that is a try! I would expect us to be denied in a similar situation and it is extremely worrying when the person responsible for the refs cannot see such a fundamental part of the game!

• @cochise:

Double movement! Elbow carrying the ball hits the ground and he then promotes the ball.

Exactly, I wasn’t worried at all at the time about a try, only surprised that we weren’t awarded a penalty as two players had hands on him as he hit the ground.

The question is, how can they stand in front of the media and nobody there can see that which is plain as day on the screen in front of them. Sure, he did not plant the ball short as ruled, but forest for the trees problem at refs headquarters in not seeing the completed play.

• Its not just in that ruling - i get so angry in watching games when commentators say '" that pass looked flat " when they actually mean that pass was a metre forward how come the officials missed that. I am convinced that under the TV deal commentators are not allowed to criticise any decisions that are blatantly wrong.

• @diedpretty:

Its not just in that ruling - i get so angry in watching games when commentators say '" that pass looked flat " when they actually mean that pass was a metre forward how come the officials missed that. I am convinced that under the TV deal commentators are not allowed to criticise any decisions that are blatantly wrong.

I can understand a ref missing something in the middle of a game, but Annesley had all weekend to review that no try and he is just plain wrong and he is one of the guys in charge of running the game. There is no excuse to believe that was a try.

• I’d have to agree it was a try. He didnt “promote” the ball. Even though the ball was grounded before the line he was sliding and he simply placed it down again.
    Also I reckon we were very lucky with the other penrith try that was disallowed.
    The one in the corner where it was determined that he was in touch from a camera on the other side of the field even though the ref called it a try.
    I would have been blowing up if it were the tigers tries being disallowed.

• Wow the ball did touch the line. That’s a try every day of the week. Like LARDS alluded to he didn’t promote the ball with a second attempt, he’s simply grounded it.

I still thought we were the better team and deserved the win.

• @LARDS:

Also I reckon we were very lucky with the other penrith try that was disallowed.
    The one in the corner where it was determined that he was in touch from a camera on the other side of the field even though the ref called it a try.

Nah there was sufficient evidence to overturn the try being awarded, you could see his toe was bent when grounding the ball.

• only time i remembered it ws when i looked at tackle of the week, and Robbie was in there

• Nah, he was stopped, on his back, with only his head on the line, so I fail to see how it can be anything other than him promoting the ball. It is completely different than bouncing or sliding over the line and not moving an arm.

Putting it another way, even if he was on his side, his head would be in the air and his shoulder short of the line, just as it was when on his back. Thus, all parts of the body that can ground the ball are behind the line, so unless any part of the ball was already touching the line, another movement has to be made.

• Both attempts at tries were not tries imo.

Whilst on incorrect decisions - what about the forward pass in extra time - no the riff would not have done that.

Annesley is hopeless - just another example of the NRL employing incompetents in senior positions.

Recent Topics