Canterbury Cup team announcement Round 5

Looking forward to see how our Jnr Development players perform….
image|277x500
Vs Penrith

What happened to our depth? These guys are either kids or reserve graders. Some people one the forum talked about our great depth…don’t see it here

Might have something to do with the embarrassing thrashing last week…

@kiwitiger:

What happened to our depth? These guys are either kids or reserve graders. Some people one the forum talked about our great depth…don’t see it here

4 blokes will drop back off the first grade squad. Add Benji in a few weeks.

Sorry Geo didn’t realise you had created the same post…I obviously need glasses.
image|200x247

Is OK Lily.I just delete mine…yours is much nicer…

You right good to see Talau Bradley and Seyfarth playing up a grade

Good luck to Talau and Bradley who deserve crack in reserve grade, Seyfarth I wouldn’t have in the starting 20’s side,most overrated junior coming through, obviously they have to try all the development kids , see if there up to it and where they are at with there development, I’d say a couple more losses in reserves and a few more 20’s boys will get a run, I’d expect Henry, madden , Dillon and Scolari will get a run at some stage during the year.

Remember that the development players are eligible for NRL from 30 June. If any are to be considered this year, you would want them playing a bit of ISP

@leftrightout:

Good luck to Talau and Bradley who deserve crack in reserve grade, Seyfarth I wouldn’t have in the starting 20’s side,most overrated junior coming through, obviously they have to try all the development kids , see if there up to it and where they are at with there development, I’d say a couple more losses in reserves and a few more 20’s boys will get a run, I’d expect Henry, madden , Dillon and Scolari will get a run at some stage during the year.

Yeah i’d agree with that. Talau has the obvious attributes and skill, has had limited opportunities thus far in flegg but looks a standout. The difference with him and the likes of Lomax and Xerri are that they have been centres for years and have the speed, whereas Talau will end up in the forwards but transition there via the backs. Is more skillful overall than the other two but doesn’t have the pace they do - but to be fair haven’t had any chance to see him go the length of the field in attack or defence.

Bradley has been hit and miss which is to be expected seeing he’s only ever played 3 times on the wing. But our wingers in NSW Cup are average and get targeted.

Seyfarth i don’t really get his promotion, but the difference is as a development player they’re training fulltime with the NRL squad so they should be fitter and have more combinations with other fringe nrl players because of this.

Dropping Taylor and promoting the kids early suggests Madge will not be passive after losses.

i wonder if Madge has his eye on anyone particular in the Cantebury Cup atm…

im quite excited to see who he might pick to have a crack at first grade

And there is room to promote 1 more to top 30 if someone stands up

Momirovski, Nofa, McQueen & ET all playing today.

image|259x500

On Channel 9 at 1pm too I believe

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.