One of the best nights ever

So I got an amazing experience tonight courtesy of a friend who is responsible for organising one of the major sponsors of the Tigers. Some amazing seats and dressing room passes post game.

I was in a sea of Broncos fans and gave it to them all night. At one point when they were behind in the second half the ground announces tried to rally a Broncos chant and I felt like I single handedly shut them up by counter chanting Tigers.

I was only a few feet from the Tigers bench all game and was able to shout direct instructions at the boys all night. I told MCK to make a difference when he replaced Jennings. I am sure that my word were ringing in his ears when he made that last run haha!

After the game I got to meet a few people including Anthony Field, Simon Cook, Kelly Egan, Michael Maguire, Brett Hodgson, Simon Dwyer and Barry O’Farrell who I ended up getting caught on camera in the post game chinwagging with on the Nine cameras. But the coolest was Alex Twal. I told him he was gonna play Origin this year and he talked it down but he was super unbelievably genuine. After I told him he was awesome and gave him props for that awesome offload he actually introduced himself by name (like I didn’t know who he was) and thanked me for my support. Alex’s parents have a ton to proud of.

That was the freaking best ever. Thanks for reading my waffle.

Sounds like an awesome experience mate.

It seems like this could be a season defining game. Would have been hard to come back from 3 losses in a row.

P.S. Can you sit near the bench and give to to MCK every game? Haha

It was out of this world. I couldn’t have scripted the game better.

This is a pic of the TV the missus got of me in the postgame chinwagging with Barry O’Farrell haha.

unclebaz|576x499

Also worth mentioning Simon Cook is a dead set die hard tragic. He loves the Tigers. We had a real good chat.

Sounds like a great experience. The win makes it even sweeter

Haha I saw that dude on the telly, I had no idea that was you! Nice work 👍

Did you get to hear the boys singing the team song? I was waiting for it on the post match wrap up, but channel 9 decided to play music all over it for some reason! A bit ticked off, they’ve managed to show every other winning team singing their song this season, but not ours? Thanks heaps channel 9 😠

yep, thought the same. Oh well, maybe next win we’ll get the recognition so deserved.

Nice one Mac. Wonderful to hear people having a great time courtesy of a Tigers victory.

Very cool Mac, we all enjoyed it but your night sounds like one out of the box, thanks for sharing your experience. Love your positivity and enthusiasm

I have now been to Wests Tigers vs. Broncos in Brisbane 4 times.

2008 - We lost 19-18
2010 - We won 16-14
2016 - We won 19-18
2019 - We won 22-16

Strange anomaly we have only beaten Brisbane 6 times 5 of those times in Brisbane

Only once in Sydney and that was a semi and 1 draw in 13 games

I really hope someone shows this thread to the players. This shows how passionate the fans are and what a win means to the fans. You cannot read this thread and not smile.
So glad you had a great night, hope you get to experience many more.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.