Who is our most overrated?

I am taking Marsters at this stage. He is a kiwi test representative that was playing well in internationals.

For us his defence is bog average, and he stagger skips to the line, stops and looks to offload. A can’t remember the last time I saw him run a line at speed.

He reminds me of Olsen Filipaina. A beast in a kiwi jersey, I reserve grader in a club jersey.

imo Fonua, media pitch him as club cult player… but he is just 💩

in other news we need to offload more

Brooks,
I praised him a few weeks ago but he’s just awful at taking the right option, his kicking is rubbish, his ability to actually take control on the last play is awful, his persistent flat ball to the lead runner is just premeditated brain dead Footy.

If I see him hit his lead runner again who has a brick wall of defence in his face I’ll smash my TV to bits!!

I don’t know how many times that he should play out the back because we’ve created a half chance yet he dishes it to Garner flat (makes me pull my hair out)

Brooks actually gave me a glimpse of hope a few weeks back, I actually thought he’d turned a corner, but now I understand I was wrong.
So I’ll say this again, which I’ve said many times.

We will do ZERO as long as Brooks is our 7!!!

Brooks. His potential has been touted since forever. It never came to fruition and we’re left rudderless, no organisation whatsoever.

None …
I don’t rate any of them !

I don’t think any of our players are that highly rated to begin with. But I’d say Fonua, he shouldn’t be anywhere near first grade.

@Harvey said in Who is our most overrated?:

I am taking Marsters at this stage. He is a kiwi test representative that was playing well in internationals.
For us his defence is bog average, and he stagger skips to the line, stops and looks to offload. A can’t remember the last time I saw him run a line at speed.
He reminds me of Olsen Filipaina. A beast in a kiwi jersey, I reserve grader in a club jersey.

Yep he has been ordinary, always flat footed when he gets the ball, but Brooks is right up there with him

@TIGER said in Who is our most overrated?:

Brooks,
I praised him a few weeks ago but he’s just awful at taking the right option, his kicking is rubbish, his ability to actually take control on the last play is awful, his persistent flat ball to the lead runner is just premeditated brain dead Footy.
If I see him hit his lead runner again who has a brick wall of defence in his face I’ll smash my TV to bits!!
I don’t know how many times that he should play out the back because we’ve created a half chance yet he dishes it to Garner flat (makes me pull my hair out)
Brooks actually gave me a glimpse of hope a few weeks back, I actually thought he’d turned a corner, but now I understand I was wrong.
So I’ll say this again, which I’ve said many times.
We will do ZERO as long as Brooks is our 7!!!

Kudo’s to you for admitting you were wrong, Brooks has the one good game every 2 months to bring false hope, I agree 1000%

Marsters had a big 2018. He’s feeling the pressure of being marked man. Plus our operating model since Tedesco came into firsts has been to toss it to our best attacker and hope for the best. The attacking structures do him no favours.

Fonua is a joke… haircuts don’t make a player at this level

@Yossarian said in Who is our most overrated?:

Marsters had a big 2018. He’s feeling the pressure of being marked man. Plus our operating model since Tedesco came into firsts has been to toss it to our best attacker and hope for the best. The attacking structures do him no favours.

I’m not sure i understand this we have had 5 coaches since Tedesco came into 1st’s…are you telling ne they all have no clue so fall back to give it to umm Attacking player A…

I dont think you can rate anyone based on today’s game

@TigerDave03 said in Who is our most overrated?:

Fonua would be better suited wielding a club hunting mammoths back in the cave man era !

@TigerDave03 said in Who is our most overrated?:

Fonua should never see NRL again, but I don’t rate him to begin with so I couldn’t put him in this thread. Add Packer, Matulino, Taylor, Eiso, Mbye, Jennings, to that list as well

@Geo If we do I’m not seeing much sign of it. It’s been poor all during that time. We haven’t scored over 40 points since 2015

When you 50 put on you it’s not a individual or even a couple of players that should burden the blame it’s the whole 17 that have to take ownership of the train wreck

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.