Reply/quote

I notice when people use the reply function as opposed to the quote… You can’t see the mssg the poster is replying to… It’s just @sabre, or @matchball…where the quote function shows the mssg being reply to… The former makes reading threads in a conversational form quite difficult… I don’t see the point other than to save text repetition

Yes this forum is really a pain, I only just got used to the “old new way” and it goes and changes again. I don’t like this new new way either

@innsaneink said in Reply/quote:

I notice when people use the reply function as opposed to the quote… You can’t see the mssg the poster is replying to… It’s just @sabre, or @matchball…where the quote function shows the mssg being reply to… The former makes reading threads in a conversational form quite difficult… I don’t see the point other than to save text repetition

Just hit quote then…

Would be ‘simples’… as you often say… If everyone did that.

Would be ‘simples’… as you often say… If everyone did that.

You didn’t quote?

Funny how just one irrelevant pointless post attracts others.

If the post being replied to is immediately following, its easy to follow… If the thread has several convos going on at once it’s impossible

If the post being replied to is immediately following, its easy to follow… If the thread has several convos going on at once it’s impossible

The reply function works on desktop based applications. When someone “quick replies” to a post, next to the timestamp there’s a grey box with the person they replied to. You click on that box and it relays you to the post that was replied to.

It doesn’t appear on the mobile platform.

@Cultured_Bogan said in Reply/quote:

The reply function works on desktop based applications. When someone “quick replies” to a post, next to the timestamp there’s a grey box with the person they replied to. You click on that box and it relays you to the post that was replied to.

It doesn’t appear on the mobile platform.

Aahh OK thnx for the explanation CB

@innsaneink it also appears for quotes, but it’s more or less redundant as you can already see what has been replied to in the post body.

I’m finding it pretty difficult to follow some of the conversation too, when the original post isn’t shown in the reply.

Yeah I think it would be easier if everyone quoted as long as it doesn’t end up as war and peace novel

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.