Thompson

Madge… give him few more years, he was the only player yesterday playing like we were behind by 2 points instead of 45…

His hit on gutho was awesome, and he puts 100% effort into what ever position he plays

Sign him for another two, Madge.

Bad luck we can’t undo a few other contracts.

@TheDaBoss said in Thompson:

player

He is the best back we have by a long way.

He still wouldn’t start in most backlines in the competition though.

I think the scary reality for our side is that Thompson is the biggest attacking threat that we have. He’s the only one who looks likely to break the line. I don’t know who is available on the market, but our backline desperately lacks speed.

@Fraze23

I think our entire team lacks pace. We have very few “athletes” in the team. In todays game, unless you are a prop, you have to have speed. When most of our players take hit ups, they look slow, lethargic and unable to break the line. When a Parra (and other club) players hit the line, they charge with speed and you always feel they are likely.

Thompson wouldn’t make the starting lineup for many, if any, other nrl club. We have the worst outside backs in the comp and at present none of fonua, jennings, thompson or mbye would get a run at any other club.

He’s good for now, but in reality we should be aspiring to have a squad where he’s a backup player.

@Balmain_Boy said in Thompson:

Thompson wouldn’t make the starting lineup for many, if any, other nrl club.

Yes he would. He is one of the most underrated players in the game. Height isn’t everything.

@upthetigers 2 tries from bombs which he wasn’t able to contest against a taller and more athletic opponent. He’s a solid player, and seeing expectations were low when he signed he’s over-delivered which has boosted his status, but show me which players from rival clubs he’d be ahead of…

@Fraze23 said in Thompson:

I think the scary reality for our side is that Thompson is the biggest attacking threat that we have. He’s the only one who looks likely to break the line. I don’t know who is available on the market, but our backline desperately lacks speed.

… and he’s a midget.
Go figure

@Balmain_Boy Doesn’t really matter who he’d be ahead of at any other club, fact is he’s one of the best here. He’d be my first picked every week here with Twal.

@TheDaBoss so we should keep players on the books because they keep trying? Wow we have a low bar. Back up player. Modern day trent clayton try’s hard but because the squad is poor looks better than he is

last edited by kiwitiger

@kiwitiger

I view him as a good player and one of our best atm, hardly ever puts a foot out of linr

@Balmain_Boy said in Thompson:

Thompson wouldn’t make the starting lineup for many, if any, other nrl club.

I don’t watch other clubs carefully so I don’t know if this is true or not. I do think that if we had 17 guys play with Thompson’s attitude every week, we would win more than we lose.

When is Nofo due back?
I think he needs a start…

1. Dudbuy
  2. cT
  3. Esan
  4. Momo
  5. Nofo