Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast

• ForumSupporter

All the Round 7 team news!
    Author
    Dan Talintyre
    Timestamp
    Tue 23 Apr 2019, 03:59 PM

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire has named an unchanged team for his side’s Round 7 home game against the Gold Coast Titans to be played in Scully Park, Tamworth.

Both Robbie Farah and Luke Garner have been named despite suffering concussions in the Easter Monday defeat to Parramatta, and will be closely monitored by the club’s medical staff throughout the week.

Halfback Luke Brooks is also free to play this week after taking the early guilty plea for a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw on Eels hooker Reed Mahoney.

Paul Momirovski, Elijah Taylor, David Nofoaluma and Chris McQueen have once again been named as reserves, having all featured for the club’s Canterbury Cup side on Monday after originally being named in the 21-man NRL squad last week.

Match: Wests Tigers v Titans
    ROUND 7 - SATURDAY 27TH APRIL

Venue:Scully Park

1. Mbye
    2. Fonua
    3. Jennings
    4. Marsters
    5. Thompson
    6. Reynolds
    7. Brooks
    8. Packer
    9. Farah
    10. Twal
    11. Matterson
    12. Garner
    13. Aloiai

Reserves
    14. Matulino
    15. Mikaele
    16. Eisenhuth
    17. Chee Kam

1. Momirovski
    2. Taylor
    3. Nofoaluma
    4. Macqueen

• Nothing like rewarding these individuals with a spot next week after yesterday, and we wonder why the culture of mediocrity exists in our club … well done coach !

• ForumSupporter

@Snake said in Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast:

Nothing like rewarding these individuals with a spot next week after yesterday, and we wonder why the culture of mediocrity exists in our club … well done coach !

I think this is just a copy and paste job considering they only played yesterday…what’s intereting is the same recerves which means Farah must be right to play otherwise we are looking at Taylor at hooker insted of Liddle…unless he will run with Mbye at 9…

I think we could see some changes in the outside backs come game day…

• Copy and paste job as expected. Might see a few changes via the extend bench.

• One word comes to mind Redemption.

scoreline:
    wests tigers 25
    titans 18

• Lol what was Madge meant to do, reserves are hardly making a push for anyone to be ousted.

• What is the deal with Mbye , the guy is a passenger and is obviously carrying an injury , I do not understand the persistence with him as there are options . It is unfortunate being the captain but surely sense has to prevail here.

• @Geo Coaches always copy-paste if they play on Sun night or Monday.

• @Snake said in Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast:

Nothing like rewarding these individuals with a spot next week after yesterday, and we wonder why the culture of mediocrity exists in our club … well done coach !

The Canterbury Cup squad lost too so you can’t have it both ways. The lack of knowledge on here by some is astounding.

• @willow said in Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast:

@Snake said in Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast:

The Canterbury Cup squad lost too so you can’t have it both ways. The lack of knowledge on here by some is astounding.

At least some arent accepting of pathetic performance with a shrug of shoulders and saying no better in lower grades. Even establishing the principle of accountability in performance is worth it- even if we do no better. I know its a business in many ways and results count, but also some times you have to take a knock or two before you can go forward.

AND

Lets try using headgear for all the forwards and see if that helps with head knocks and possible concussion. Not a sliver bullet but worth a shot.

• We will have to see what awaits

As Toovs says …someone needs to be accountable for this loss ,especially the magnitude of the loss

• ForumSupporter

I reckon itstarts at he top so sack the CEO…THEN THE COACH THEN THE BALL BOYS…

• @Geo said in Wests Tigers Team V Gold Coast:

I reckon itstarts at he top so sack the CEO…THEN THE COACH THEN THE BALL BOYS…

Then the fans start sacking themselves

• I’d start with the bench.

Aloai, Mikalele, Packer, MCK they all seem to play with more impact and demolish tiring defences.

Starting lineup:

1. Thompson.
    2. Jennings
    3. Mbye
      4.Marsters
    4. Nofa
    5. Reynolds
    6. Brooks
    7. Twal
    8. Farah
    9. Matulino
    10. Matterson
    11. Garner
    12. Eiso

• last years match against titans was a shocker… apart from a few good trys…

Recent Topics