How do we beat the Rorters?

• Today was very important in our season. We restored pride and belief inside and outside the team. Apart from the first 20 minutes, the team defended with heaps of commitment and attitude. Most pleasing was the improved attack from Brooks and Mbye. Also, Matterson was a revelations 5/8.
    So, how do we compete with, and then beat the Rorters?
    The only way we can compete, in my opinion, is to slow down the ruck and have huge line speed in defence. In attack I reckon we keep turning the ball in and try to win through the centre - we can’t go around them that’s for sure.
    Thoughts?

• We have to go straight through. The Roosters are so strong out wide. I’d keep Matterson at 5/8. He made us play direct and will be a handful for Keary. There is no point in playing a long passing game against them.

• ForumSupporter

With plenty of heart…

• play it clean

• Not impossible. Fact they that everyone recons they are just about unbeatable helps.
    But in the end it will help if we bring our defence, aggression and forwards get over the advantage line.
    Need luck and some ref calls to go our way also.
    We really needed a win today so that’s a start.

• We’re pushing the proverbial uphill to beat the Chooks. We have to play direct and through the middle, it’s the only hope we have.

• We won’t. We can’t beat the top teams. Like the commentators said, we need to win the type of games we played tonight against teams that are mid table-bottom 4.

• @GNR4LIFE
    Being realistic… yes your right.
    But if we compete … you never know.
    If we come out with attitude which that good old Magpie team under Masters brought to Melbourne all those years back … and drew Manly into a gutter fight. Then anything possible.

• ForumSupporter

Defeated Cocks Melbourne twice and lost narrowly to the cocks last year…we tend to lift against the better teams every year…they need to defend their arses off to do it but Wests are capable of causing an upset…

The rorters have been impressive no doubt but have gone to sleep in both their last 2 wins for good patches of those games…

High completions minimal errors …compete on every play

• @momo_amp_medo said in How do we beat the Rorters?:

@GNR4LIFE
    Being realistic… yes your right.
    But if we compete … you never know.
    If we come out with attitude which that good old Magpie team under Masters brought to Melbourne all those years back … and drew Manly into a gutter fight. Then anything possible.

There’s always the chance we get them on an off night. It’s not impossible, but it’s improbable.

• force dropouts… and offload more… linebreak

• Our best chance will be scoring more points

• @Tweed_Tiger said in How do we beat the Rorters?:

Our best chance will be scoring more points

When we are competitive against them it is a low scoring game and our defense has to be desperate scramble to frustrate them. If we are at our best it still may not be good enough.

• @Geo said in How do we beat the Rorters?:

With plenty of heart…

With a piece of 4 x 2

Every single last one of them

• i think big chances against melbourne and roosters they play no frills game our forwards can lift for souths ad lib worries me more

Recent Topics