Stats against the Titans

• Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 9.51.40 am.png

The stats are interesting again this week.

-Mbye had his greatest involvement of the season, 18 runs for 132m. Looks like he has made a genuine effort to become more involved. About time the captain stood up.
    -Fonua, a beast again 142m and 3 tries. I still have a heart attack each time a bomb goes his way. We’ll need to be on guard next week with the Roosters tall wingers.
    -Great performance by Marsters who showed some real interest this week. 15 runs for 141m. Matterson at 5/8 certainly made a difference as they were getting good, clean, early ball.
    -Twal again the leader of the pack, he is phenomenal.
    -I was surprised by some of the figures for the forwards, but it looks like the backs are certainly laying the platform. Matulino, McQueen, Aloiai and Taylor failed to make double digits with hitups and none made over 70m in attack.

• Unfortunately, Matulino becomes dud and expensive prop as O’Hara, Blair, etc

• @InBenjiWeTrust said in Stats against the Titans:

Unfortunately, Matulino becomes dud and expensive prop as O’Hara, Blair, etc

He must be skating on thin ice, surely. He’s been as bad as Packer and Packer got the chop this week. I think he can count himself lucky that we have no depth in the prop department otherwise he probably would’ve been dropped too.

• I don’t know, Matulino was key in defence when we were defending our line late in the match. 50 run metres isn’t great - Matulino started right? That’s when Titans had all the ball.

Also what were Matulino’s minutes? He was no worse in terms of run metres than Aloiai or Huth (metres per run). In fact, statistically on par with Aloiai who also started.

• @jirskyr And I’m not just out-and-out defending the guy, but there’s something to be said about key defensive plays, not just 40 tackles and 100m as a default requirement for props.

Madge dropped Packer - clearly he has the balls and composure to rotate out blokes who aren’t doing the job he has set for them.

• @jirskyr Matulino showed why he is in the team and to a lesser extent Eisenhuth , watch the last 20 mins those tackles were game defining . It is not all about braking tackles and looking flash these two are workers … but then again let’s fantasise over Stats !

• 41 tackles off the bench from ET was a big effort.

• This post is deleted!

• @GNR4LIFE He was dropping Shannon Boyd with no effort. Say what you want about ET, he has the best tackling technique and wrestle in the team. Needs to be in the team week in week out

• I still think Aloiai is better suited to coming off the bench. Provides more in that role. Thanks for the stats.

• @WT2K said in Stats against the Titans:

I still think Aloiai is better suited to coming off the bench. Provides more in that role. Thanks for the stats.

Maguire has forgotten more than I know about coaching but my 2 cents worth is our bench with Mikaele, Aloiai and Packer had great impact earlier in the season

• how are the stats so different? The official NRL stats are a mile away for runs for Brooks and Mbye.IMG_0582.jpg

• ForumSupporter

Yep foxspors is often different to nrl stats

• @Snake said in Stats against the Titans:

@jirskyr Matulino showed why he is in the team and to a lesser extent Eisenhuth , watch the last 20 mins those tackles were game defining . It is not all about braking tackles and looking flash these two are workers … but then again let’s fantasise over Stats !

Not only the actual tackles, but the holes that would have been there without the effort of dragging his/their large frame to fill them. Mats also really hits in defence and the effect it has on his patch of the field should not be underestimated. With attacking players often avoiding his area, even subconsciously, it generally narrows the zone that those defending on either side of him need to cover.

• I know people are complaining about the amount of hit ups and amount of metres being made by some , but maybe the reason they AREN’T do heaps of hit ups are because of who ARE far more effective than they are at it

If Fonua can average 11 metres per hit up and make 3 post contact metres and say Matulino only averages 8 and only makes 2 post contact metres wouldn’t you prefer Fonua to do some extra hitups and prefer Matulino to concentrate on holding our middle 3rd together defensively

We have to make the best of what we have and get the best out of what we have …if that is going to do that I’m not overly worried about someone’s metres until it comes time to look at recruitment and retention …then we hopefully upgrade on those players when we recruit …

Recent Topics