Rounds 8 to 18 will define our season

Great comeback win last night but after the first 20 mins I was wondering if I could stomach another romp. It was heartening to see the team hold tight but our squad will need to lift their game to a level we haven’t seen yet this season over the next 10 rounds if we have any hope of making the eight. We play the Roosters, Raiders and Rabbits twice and Storm, Eels between Round 8 and 18. There might be 4 points for us against Cowboys and Panthers and a bye in that same period. Based on what we have seen in the early season, last week and how we responded last night and allowing for any Origin series advantage we may benefit from, do we have what it takes to make a bid for the finals overt the next couple of months?

Interested to see how Mbye goes from here on in. He was in very good touch last night. The one game he has been heavily involved in the line we look our most threatening in attack (Matto playing well at 5/8 also had a lot to do with that too.) That fourth spine player playing to the best of his ability is making that much more of a difference to our attack.

Maybe Packer getting the chop put him on notice.

@Cultured_Bogan Some were mentioning that they saw less strapping on his knee pre-game. He definitely was moving more swiftly and played great

@TigersBusDriver yep, this was the Mbye I remember from last year. I thought he looked dangerous with the ball regularly last year. This year very quiet. Last night was reassuring

@Tiger_Steve Agreed Mbye had a solid game. Perhaps still finding his feet as Captain as well. Our back five were pretty sound too (if we ignore the ruck error from Fonua) and Brook’s put in a courageous defensive effort. I think it was Boyd he put a hit on late in the game that was a rattler. I guess we can take some confidence into the Roosters and Storm matches knowing we beat them last year. Still need to step up big though.

Too funny. You might as well say rounds 1 to 26 will define our season.

off season defines season 😆

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.