Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8

• On those numbers alone he deserves a call up to the NRL squad, I’d drop ET back to reserves, he offers nothing in attack

• Truth is no one knows how the young players will perform unless given the opportunity. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about Seyfarth which was inconsistent with the player I watched in juniors. Having watched how well he has performed in ISP, it seems only a matter of time before he bets the call up for the NRL.

• @tigerap said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

On those numbers alone he deserves a call up to the NRL squad, I’d drop ET back to reserves, he offers nothing in attack

Really? You think one good game in NSW Cup warrants a callup? And what about the many other players who’ve performed as well and better and never got a callup?

Come back in a month’s time and if he’s still playing well he may get a bench spot. Out of curiosity, which prop are you dropping for him anyway?

• @fred I’m surprised that the defence in our JF backs is not that strong although I must admit I didn’t think Cini’s was too bad? Agree he and Dillon have stood out the best although have been really impressed with Lee-Silva the past few weeks who has really taken his chances and to a lesser extent Scolari who hits hard in defence (belted a bloke against Parra which led to a try) and even knocked out a Roosters forward when running it out from a restart - doesn’t look like a union player. Overall our defence was better on Sunday but Roosters weren’t that flash attacking I didn’t think.

We were average against the Roosters on Sunday and I didn’t see one forward offload the ball so that some of the backs could get the ball out in the open - we don’t have ANY ball playing forwards. Cini and outside backs just wasted each week. Lee Silva made a bust running it out out and that’s how we scored a length of the field try. Appears to me that is the only type of the length of field try we will see this year from our backs because nobody looks to bloody pass it!

• @Balmain_Boy said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

Lets see what Clark can do next week. He’s never put in 2 good games in a row for us so far. I rate ratu has a much better prospect for us. hits the ball hard and has a good offload, a lot more x factor. We don’t need plodder props. People already complain about Eiso, Clark is similar but far less effective.

One thing ive learned to do around here is wait for the right opinion.

Ive never been impressed with Clark. Others are talking him up however.

He looks a dead set plodder and another Ivan Cleary stitch up, if you say Ratu is better i have no doubt its true.

• @pawsandclaws1 said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

Truth is no one knows how the young players will perform unless given the opportunity. I’ve read a lot of negative comments about Seyfarth which was inconsistent with the player I watched in juniors. Having watched how well he has performed in ISP, it seems only a matter of time before he bets the call up for the NRL.

I really think people are looking for the wrong thing in State Cup.

Its not about looking brilliant its about looking like you can handle the pressure of first grade. Having the type of game that can compliment the payers already in first grade.

That simple.

• @The_Patriot Call up to first grade?

• @The_Patriot said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

@Balmain_Boy said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

Lets see what Clark can do next week. He’s never put in 2 good games in a row for us so far. I rate ratu has a much better prospect for us. hits the ball hard and has a good offload, a lot more x factor. We don’t need plodder props. People already complain about Eiso, Clark is similar but far less effective.

He looks a dead set plodder and another Ivan Cleary stitch up, if you say Ratu is better i have no doubt its true.

Clark hasn’t impressed previously, but did look good against the Bears. Has he been carrying a niggle for the past year or two which he’s now free of? Who knows. He could probably do a job as a bench prop in place of someone like Eiso if he gets injured. He just has a simple one dimensional game and a lack of aggression which is the sort of player we already have too many of.

Cowan Epere and Ratu would both make 180m in several games last year and no one was shouting for them to play first grade.

Many players have gone from being average to suddenly finding another gear and kicking on. If Clark can do that then great! We don’t really have many other prop prospects coming through the ranks.

To me Ratu is the sort of bench prop the Roosters seem to have in abundance. Players that are cheap and can do a job and provide impact off the bench. IMO that’s the sort of player we need to add to first grade.

• ForumSupporter

@The_Patriot said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

Looks like Maguire is not on the same page as you guys…

Oliver Clark to debut in NRL…good luck young fella

• @Geo said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

We’re obviously not privy to what he’s like in training. He’s had 1-2 good performances out of his last dozen in NSW Cup over the past year. Again, maybe he was injured. He’s in the top 30 so he’s always in with a shout at the top 21, especially when there’s injuries.

• @Geo said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

Thats ok mate, ill stand by my comments. Clarke will not change our side one bit. He is a bordeline first grader at this point in time.

• @Balmain_Boy said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

. He just has a simple one dimensional game and a lack of aggression which is the sort of player we already have too many of.

Cowan Epere and Ratu would both make 180m in several games last year and no one was shouting for them to play first grade.

Many players have gone from being average to suddenly finding another gear and kicking on. If Clark can do that then great! We don’t really have many other prop prospects coming through the ranks.

To me Ratu is the sort of bench prop the Roosters seem to have in abundance. Players that are cheap and can do a job and provide impact off the bench. IMO that’s the sort of player we need to add to first grade.

Im with you on this. yes Clark can and should improve, maybe he is injury free for a change but in no way is he any different to what we already have.

• @pawsandclaws1
    Agree … this kid has heart and good attitude.
    He will do me.

• @The_Patriot said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

. He just has a simple one dimensional game and a lack of aggression which is the sort of player we already have too many of.

Im with you on this. yes Clark can and should improve, maybe he is injury free for a change but in no way is he any different to what we already have.

I was unimpressed with his form last year. This year I think I watched him play 4 games and for me his improvement is significant. We may have similar players in our Canterbury team squad that if given the opportunity, may make it in NRL team but one difference … they are not in our top 30 numbers.

• @momo_amp_medo said in Canterbury Cup Team Announcement: Round 8:

I was unimpressed with his form last year. This year I think I watched him play 4 games and for me his improvement is significant. We may have similar players in our Canterbury team squad that if given the opportunity, may make it in NRL team but one difference … they are not in our top 30 numbers.

Dont get me wrong. Good luck to the guy, i hope he got the nod over Packer as Packer is like the others in the team who just dont put in like other NRL clubs players do

Recent Topics