Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders

https://www.zerotackle.com/report-sezer-seeks-move-from-raiders-43514/

The 27-year old has played just two first-grade games this season.

Raiders five-eighth Aidan Sezer will seek a move from the club by June 30, according to a report by Nine.

The 27-year old has struggled for senior opportunities this season and has found himself buried behind playmakers Sam Williams and Jack Wighton.

It is believed that a number of rival clubs could be interested in Sezer should he secure a release from Canberra.

Sezer had played just two first-grade games this season and has been playing for Mounties in the NSW Cup.

@TheDaBoss said in Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders:

50/50 on this one

Yeh me too, he can kick goals though

Good luck in the English Super League Aiden…

Struggling to make FG in a team with the worst halves… NO THANKS

@TigersBusDriver

there must be more to the story than this… he is obviously battling a injury of some kind

@TheDaBoss Even when he was in the first team, he wasn’t all that good

If you are stuck in reserves behind Sam Williams…

Sezer has played almost 150 games in 8 years, I think he’s been given enough time and opportunity to show what he’s capable of, and generally found wanting.

Got ESL written all over him.

@jirskyr said in Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders:

If you are stuck in reserves behind Sam Williams…
Sezer has played almost 150 games in 8 years, I think he’s been given enough time and opportunity to show what he’s capable of, and generally found wanting.
Got ESL written all over him.

Just about copy and paste for Brooks what you just said, apart from reserve grade, because Brooks has never been dropped, which I think is part of his problem

last edited by 851

@851 Brooks was Dally M Halfback of the Year last year. He’s also only 24. As a team, we’ve got much bigger problems to address before we start questioning Brooks’ position in the team. I mean, Marshall’s starting at 5/8 for us on Saturday.

last edited by TigersBusDriver

@851 said in Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders:

Just about copy and paste for Brooks what you just said, apart from reserve grade, because Brooks has never been dropped

Can’t agree with that.

Sezer has played 137 games in 7 complete seasons (2 additional matches this year) and only once ever less than 18 games in a season. Gold Coast and Canberra.

Brooks has played 5 complete seasons, 1 game in 2013 and total 107 matches before 2019.

So Sezer has played 30 games and 2 seasons more than Brooks coming into 2019.

Sezer will be 28 in June, Brooks is 24.

Brooks has won a Dally M for halfback, Sezer has not. Brooks was rookie of the year, Sezer was not.

Now you can argue all you like about lack of success or not stamping authority on the game or not having the overall ability to be a good footballer, but no they’ve never dropped Brooks for someone like Sam Williams. Couldn’t imagine dropping Brooks for Tyson Gamble, for instance.

Not the same thing at all and no way should someone like Brooks move to ESL at this stage in his career.

@jirskyr said in Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders:

@851 said in Report: Sezer seeks move from Raiders:

Just about copy and paste for Brooks what you just said, apart from reserve grade, because Brooks has never been dropped

Can’t agree with that.

Sezer has played 137 games in 7 complete seasons (2 additional matches this year) and only once ever less than 18 games in a season. Gold Coast and Canberra.

Brooks has played 5 complete seasons, 1 game in 2013 and total 107 matches before 2019.

So Sezer has played 30 games and 2 seasons more than Brooks coming into 2019.

Sezer will be 28 in June, Brooks is 24.

Brooks has won a Dally M for halfback, Sezer has not. Brooks was rookie of the year, Sezer was not.

Now you can argue all you like about lack of success or not stamping authority on the game or not having the overall ability to be a good footballer, but no they’ve never dropped Brooks for someone like Sam Williams. Couldn’t imagine dropping Brooks for Tyson Gamble, for instance.

Not the same thing at all and no way should someone like Brooks move to ESL at this stage in his career.

I’m sitting at work, ghost reading on the work computer, but had to log in to give you a thumbs up. Great point re Gamble.

If @851 had his way that’s what would have exactly happened last week…Gamble for Brooks…

Maguire had other ideas though…

Just watching the Titans game again now and Brooks puts in a kick that just went dead…the one where Peachey just let go… …Danny Bederus described it as the perfect kick and he couldn’t do much more…but apparently Brooks kicks are crap…

last edited by Geo

Think we’ve seen the best of seizer and that was some time ago

@Geo

that was a good kick, and good patience from peachy as well

brooks has been great and i rate him as a good player, idk about all the haters but im a fan

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.