Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game

@TIGER said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

Let’s spare everyone the headache and just get the Storm and Roosters to play the GF now.
Get it over and done with.

That’s exactly how I’m feeling. What’s the point? The comp as it stands sux. Top 2 teams miles ahead of everyone else. As for magic round - let’s watch a home game disappear! There: magic!

@Tiger_Steve said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

Let’s spare everyone the headache and just get the Storm and Roosters to play the GF now.

That’s exactly how I’m feeling. What’s the point? The comp as it stands sux. Top 2 teams miles ahead of everyone else. As for magic round - let’s watch a home game disappear! There: magic!

As far back as I can remember in NRL clubs that were high flyers and consistent table toppers did so because they either (via their high standing reputation) they attracted good coaches and players who at times sacrificed extra money for success OR because they had high end of town support with deep pockets. And at times they were lucky enough to have both. St George, South Sydney, Manly, Canterbury and Parramatta eras come to mind.

Also when the NRL hierarchy threw extra money and support to boost one city team ventures of Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne that provided us with their time in the sun.

There were rare occasions that some clubs stumbled across the line and won a premiership against the odds on the back of some extraordinary performances and/or good management. Balmain victory over Souths all those years back and Newcastle, Cronulla and West Tigers in more recent times.

Now I’m not trying to give a history lesson here or produce another pie in the sky commentary … but that’s the fact of life in club sport. Not just the NRL but most sports.

The Rugby Leagues Salary Cap system was introduced when it became obvious to the NRL admin that lop sided completion was a bad business model. In theory it should work in practice it’s not administered correctly.

The only way that I can see that it can work is for the NRL to set the price and/or value on each Club player which is then included in the cap…
With the flexibility for the price and or value to be increased when such a player reaches various first grade playing records and/or representative levels…
And for player payments and Clubs salary cap details to be published and available for all to see.

@innsaneink said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

Wonderful… Until he gets punted, quits or runs off to join the circus and then the next bloke’s s left with Madges team

Never have enough rebuild’s Ink …builds character they say

@innsaneink said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

Wonderful… Until he gets punted, quits or runs off to join the circus and then the next bloke’s s left with Madges team

🤦‍♂️

@Tiger_Steve What we need is a few more teams to spread out the talent lol

Madge was spot on in the press conference

The home teams pocketed $210K from the Magic round.
That’s magic for us.

@bathursttiger said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

That’s magic for us.

Sure as hell beats the$20k we get from Tamworth.

@gallagher said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

That’s magic for us.

Bathurst Council shells out $200K to Penrith to play a game here.

That’s magic for us.

That’s a huge difference.

That’s magic for us.

The original agreement was negotiated by Justin Pascoe when he was at the Panthers, that was for a 5 year deal.
It’s been renegotiate for a further 10 years ending in 2028.

That’s magic for us.

The original agreement was negotiated by Justin Pascoe when he was at the Panthers, that was for a 5 year deal.
It’s been renegotiate for a further 10 years ending in 2028.

https://www.northerndailyleader.com.au/story/5451575/wests-tigers-eye-long-term-deal-to-bring-more-nrl-to-tamworth/#slide=2

In a written statement, Tamworth mayor Col Murray said council’s $20,000 investment in the game was returned ten-fold.

“Council was always confident this event would be a great success which is why we chose to contribute financially via a $20,000 sponsorship,” he said.

Tamworth tight asses

That’s magic for us.

The same price as 2 beers and 2 chips

@gallagher This is a prime example of the fools that run our club and do not forget the losses at each game at Campbelltown !

@Snake said in Maguire urges Tigers to play the imitation game:

@gallagher This is a prime example of the fools that run our club and do not forget the losses at each game at Campbelltown !

I thought that 20k wasnt much of a carrot to go to Tamworth, then when I heard we got $200k for magic round and the riff get $200k to go to Bathurst it blew my mind.
I dont get what Tamworth does for us. Its good for the NRL and good for Tamworth, but whats it do for us?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.