We Need To Understand The Quality Of Our Side

• We all need to keep our heads and understand that we are not a top 8 side and if we fall in then great. Our side is an average side across the park. The scoreline against Easts last night shouldn’t surprise anyone. They are the most well balanced side since the Melbourne & QLD sides of a couple of years ago. I hate Easts as much as the next person but unless ravaged by injury I cannot see anyone stopping them from making it back to back premiers.

Back to us, We have a chance next week against Penrith as they have been hammered by injuries. Lucky for us.

Surely there isnt anyone here that thinks we are a top 8 side?? I predicted 10th at the start of the year and Im sticking to it. I created a post a couple of weeks ago under Shane2801. It was about the skill level and concern I have for our club regarding the future. We need to draw quality players and it worries me if we cannot. We have no junior players pressing for the top grade which is scary. Maybe we have to instill a bit of intimidation? Run the gauntlet with sin binning, become grubby? I don’t know.

Hopefully Madge has something up his sleeve for next year or Im afraid it will be more of the same.

• @Honkylips

I think madge will show us a few more tricks in thr rounds to come. I belive in him as a coach and i believe he can make us play finals footy

• @Honkylips you are 100% correct. The reason we all ‘lose our heads’ imo is that we are so frustrated with the inevitability of failure. It just never changes. For whatever reason, we seem incapable of either attracting or developing top line players. From my personal perspective add to that the blatant disregard for our club by the NRL and I truly start to question why I continue to take an interest in rugby league. I love the Tigers, have done for most of my 52 years, but seriously, something has to change pretty soon. I’ve got to turn up to work tomorrow and sit there while my two Rorters supporting mates grin like mugs because they follow a cheating club. Because I am a rusted on tragic, that hurts and annoys me. That’s why me and others sometimes post irrational comments. I don’t like the personal attack on individual players on this forum but I understand the passion and frustration. Maguire must stay long term and from now, we must build a worthy roster - but it hasn’t happened before and I’m starting to believe it never will.

• @TheDaBoss I hope you are right mate.

• @Tiger_Steve Dont get me wrong, even though I predicted 10th and did (like every year early on) get a little excited the way we started that this may be a different year. Ive been critical of Brooks for years. I honestly believe he does his best, like most of our squad but their best doesn’t cut it with the decent sides in this comp.

I hope things change.

• The first thing Pascoe has to do when he returns is to have a large sign placed outside Concord oval proclaiming no more plodders past this gate !
    There needs to be a proper clean out of the deadwood that has infected this team for far to long and I mean contracted players as well . If this club wants to be successful the days of replacing plodders with plodders has to come to an end .
    I have no confidence with the present board but if the CEO does return I feel at least the footy club is being run well and a coach that can eventually give the club a shot at the title. There will be the normal types saying not another clean out but the next turnover of players has to bring in a winning culture of player that wants success. I do have some concerns about the coach and what type of player he will bring barring in mind he brought the plodder of all plodders Jennings to the club.
    Something has to be done about the quality of player that is at the club ATM if not there is only one way this team will progress and that is downward!

• @Snake There’s not many current players I would keep mate.

• @Honkylips said in We Need To Understand The Quality Of Our Side:

Surely there isnt anyone here that thinks we are a top 8 side??

I do. There are normally close to 8 sides that either make the 8 or miss out based on a little bit of luck.

Are we contenders? No way.

• @Masterton This is true. That is why up until a couple of weeks ago I was wrapped with our for and against. I can make a difference betwen 8th and 11th.

• I think your right , but knowing your limitations is a good thing

But saying that …we really didn’t play smart last night and made many simple mistakes

From memory we failed to defuse 6 bombs

Really bad lapses in defence

Like I said last night …Robinson would be far from happy with the Roosters …if they clicked it could of been 60

• @Snake said in We Need To Understand The Quality Of Our Side:

There needs to be a proper clean out of the deadwood that has infected this team for far to long and I mean contracted players as well

Cool another clean out!!!

Point me in the direction of all the good players that will come to Tigers for reasons unknown, to replace the rubbish players we chucked out.

Since 2016, the following players have LEFT Wests Tigers:
    Addo-Carr
    Ballin
    Buchanan
    Cherrington
    Edwards
    Felise
    Fine
    Grant
    Halatau
    Justin Hunt
    Littlejohn
    Lovett
    Milone
    Slimey Fart
    Frozone
    Rankin
    Ava
    Tim Simona
    Curtis Siro
    Jesse Sue
    Tedesco
    Woods
    Idris
    Lolohea
    McIlwrick
    JMK
    Bayley Siro
    MWZ
    Moses Suli
    Godinet

That’s 29 players in 3 seasons gone. You only would have kept JAC, Tedesco and Woods if you had a say in it.

There are only 10 players remaining from the 30 players that played FG in 2017. That’s literally 20 players removed between the end of 2017 and the start of 2019 seasons.

Now by all means do another clean out, call it what you will, and then point me in the direction of the magical 20 new players we sign to get our roster back to the 30 as mandated by the NRL.

• We will finish bottom four without doubt. We probably have about five genuine NRL standard players. Our mob will compete every week but just lack speed and skill. I saw the Sharks the other night, they had a mix of real experience, young kids with unbelievable potential and a heap of real athletes. They played fast and direct. We have to pray for rain and injuries to be a real chance of betting a top four side

• ForumSupporter

@happy_tiger said in We Need To Understand The Quality Of Our Side:

I think your right , but knowing your limitations is a good thing

But saying that …we really didn’t play smart last night and made many simple mistakes

From memory we failed to defuse 6 bombs

Really bad lapses in defence

Like I said last night …Robinson would be far from happy with the Roosters …if they clicked it could of been 60

Funny…that’s not Robbo said…

• Robbo raved about Mitchell for 5 and a half minutes and when asked about side he said OK

They turned over the ball 4 sets in a row in the 1st half and let the dummy half go over basically untouched (bar a foot)

Wasn’t happy with Radley either

• I think Madge is doing the best with what he’s got. We got trounced last night not through lack of effort but lack of class IMO. We lack speed and got burnt on the edges and we lack that urgency in the middle to hold the ruck. From there it was just a matter of time before the Roosters took control and wore us down - mind you their left edge will dominate every team in the comp so we wont be the last mob to cop a beating from them.

Recent Topics