Relocation?

As much as it pains me to say, I think our only viable option is to shift. Moving to W.A gives us a tie-in with the name Wests.
We could have a complete fresh start. We’ll get concessions from the nrl and most importantly, we would be a one club city.
We are getting pushed around at the moment with parra’s new stadium, we don’t have a home. We could still play a few games at leichardt and campbelltown each year for the diehards.
For a sacrifice, we could create our own dynasty. Imagine being a club like Melbourne or Brisbane.
Now I understand everybody has different views but wow, to be a rich club. To have other fans making salary cap jokes about us, as every year we are a premiership threat.
I’m just sick of losing and rebuilding, and rebuilding.
Always next year.

The melodramatics after a loss never ceases to amaze me.

last edited by GNR4LIFE

Take the emotion out of it and actually think about it.
A fresh start.
I’ve been thinking about it for a while. It’s not a reaction from the loss, I never expected to win against the roosters.
Debate the topic instead of brushing it aside with a childish comment.

@Pyjamaztehboss said in Relocation?:

A fresh start.
I’ve been thinking about it for a while. It’s not a reaction from the loss, I never expected to win against the roosters.

It’s got nothing to do with the loss, yet posted the next morning. And you’re calling others emotional…

The JV was a clean start. We got incentive money for it. And yet here we are. Relocation is not the answer not is it desirable for the club’s supporters. They might as well punt us and bring in a Perth team.

As much as it pains me to say, I think our only viable option is to shift. Moving to W.A gives us a tie-in with the name Wests.
We could have a complete fresh start. We’ll get concessions from the nrl and most importantly, we would be a one club city.
We are getting pushed around at the moment with parra’s new stadium, we don’t have a home. We could still play a few games at leichardt and campbelltown each year for the diehards.
For a sacrifice, we could create our own dynasty. Imagine being a club like Melbourne or Brisbane.
Now I understand everybody has different views but wow, to be a rich club. To have other fans making salary cap jokes about us, as every year we are a premiership threat.
I’m just sick of losing and rebuilding, and rebuilding.
Always next year.

Don’t know what your on but stop it immediately. It’s messing with your head.

I don’t post much my man. Im just bored at work and thought I would have a discussion.
I’m asking for your thoughts on the idea, not on me.

@Yossarian thank for the feedback.
It might end up being our only option. Jump or be pushed.

Nope to relocation.

We’ve already taken one for the team with our merge from 2 into 1. Let on of the others shift. I suggest Roosters- they’re land locked, have no room for expansion, have little to no juniors, but have a very successful business model that can realistically be transposed to any location.

@GNR4LIFE said in Relocation?:

A fresh start.

It’s got nothing to do with the loss, yet posted the next morning. And you’re calling others emotional…

Look, GNR, you’re clearly respected around here and usually post real valid views in my eyes but to straight-up dismiss what OP’s saying based on your own displeasure at the result is just childish and sure to be similar to the way those in charge of the NRL are thinking atm. He’s asking you, and myself what our views are?

Now me - personally would never say sign on the dotted line but to baulk at the idea of multiple untapped sponsorship opportunities and a huge increase in supporting range (THE ENTIRE WEST) as well as being quite obviously in Turdy’s Good books for several years well hey… if it delivers a salary cap similar to that of the Roosters and we lose somebody like Uncle Harry’s connection to the club (who at this stage has done sweet FA) then I am all for it. Winning starts at the top and to be honest with you the organisation is losing after night’s like last night, we were bad but didn’t deserve a THRASHING, maybe we and the comp need to bite the bullet and accept a relocation. Better than converting to AFL supporter like I legitimately contemplated last night when Cecchin couldn’t even award a try to us without extensively checking. Hey maybe even Henry the Wee Todd it kiwi fartenara can be relocated to a farm and put down too.

Do not crucify me! Forum’s are opinion based

Death of two foundation clubs and a very large fan support base. Yep that makes sense. Definitely Mr Greenberg.

@DieHarder good post.

I for one, wouldn’t support another footy club if we ever folded or were kicked out of the comp. Well just my boy’s team, Arana in Brisbane. If we moved, would we all stop supporting the Tigers? How many fans did we lose in the merger? I still came along for the ride. I honestly don’t think we would lose more than 20% and how many more would we gain?
I think there are more positives than negatives to relocation and I have just as much time and heart invested in the team as you all.

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.