Relocation?

Im quite fine witb were we are at right now…

One thing i would l i ke to change woupd be that we have 1 homeground instead of like 10…

Who would be running the club? Wests? From Ashfield?

@gallagher said in Relocation?:

Who would be running the club? Wests? From Ashfield?

Lol! Ashfield Tigers - now there’s a thought. 🤫😁

@gallagher I’m not sure mate. I haven’t thought it out logistically, more a pipe-dream. It would need a lot of work. I was just wondering what the forum consensus was in regards to a move.

@Pyjamaztehboss Hope you would be happy supporting the West Perth Tigers if it happens.

If it does - after 69 years of supporting Balmain and then Wests Tigers I would be out.

@Pyjamaztehboss said in Relocation?:

@gallagher I’m not sure mate. I haven’t thought it out logistically, more a pipe-dream. It would need a lot of work. I was just wondering what the forum consensus was in regards to a move.

Giving a new area a chance to have an NRL team then getting a failed Sydney club to run that club wouldn’t make sense to me.

IMO we are a Sydney club if we can’t make it in Sydney then we should dumped.

Imo the club is slowly dying on the vine , the Weststigers have not changed a thing in 20 seasons, there has been absolutely no progressive steps to take the club forward into the future in fact it is getting worse. If you do not think that this club is under pressure to fold think again there will be one Sydney club not invited into the next Franchise offering by the NRL when the present one has completed and I have it that Perth will be offered one. So keep living in the past … keep playing out of multiple home grounds … keep disenfranchise the supporter base … keep relying on a defunct junior base system to secure cheap talent so the Roosters can pick the eyes out …yes it looks bad but it can be turned around … but do the people that matter want to !

@Russell to be quite honest, I would. It couldn’t be any worse, could it? We have not been successful for a long time. I’m in the same boat as you, Balmain since mid 80’s, now Wests. We have underachieved for so long it’s in our DNA. Maybe a transplant might work?
I don’t know.

@gallagher I agree. It would make me so proud if in the next 5-10 years we were a strong sydney club that breathed success. With the saturated market and stronger clubs around us, I just don’t see it happening. I would love to be proven wrong, and I’m not a defeatist by nature, but I feel it might be worth taking this opportunity while we still can.

Nope, we’ve done our bit. Others have to move, which in turn potentially frees up more juniors for the remaining teams.

@Tigerdave Unfortunately “Us doing our bit” won’t cut it. If we are the weakest at the time we won’t be given a choice.

Wests Tigers made an operating profit for the 1st time in it’s history last year…rate strongly on TV despite lack of success…Crowds fluctuate but are generally up the top end of Sydney teams throughout a full season…certainly higher than Cronulla Manly and even the Panthers…

So by what criteria are we relocating…? We suck…?

@Russell The way I support the team would change drastically, any and all financial support would cease, my membership would be gone, my merch $ would be gone, my foxtel would be gone, my promotion and support of the club and game would be gone. I would probably still watch the Tigers fta games, but I would never attend another game though, the game would no longer be a priority in my life.

last edited by cochise

@Pyjamaztehboss said in Relocation?:

As much as it pains me to say, I think our only viable option is to shift. Moving to W.A gives us a tie-in with the name Wests.
We could have a complete fresh start. We’ll get concessions from the nrl and most importantly, we would be a one club city.
We are getting pushed around at the moment with parra’s new stadium, we don’t have a home. We could still play a few games at leichardt and campbelltown each year for the diehards.
For a sacrifice, we could create our own dynasty. Imagine being a club like Melbourne or Brisbane.
Now I understand everybody has different views but wow, to be a rich club. To have other fans making salary cap jokes about us, as every year we are a premiership threat.
I’m just sick of losing and rebuilding, and rebuilding.
Always next year.

Stop trolling our board Mr Greenburg.

@Geo said in Relocation?:

Wests Tigers made an operating profit for the 1st time in it’s history last year…rate strongly on TV despite lack of success…Crowds fluctuate but are generally up the top end of Sydney teams throughout a full season…certainly higher than Cronulla Manly and even the Panthers…

So by what criteria are we relocating…? We suck…?

Yeah, manky and Cronulla are in deep doodoo if you ask me. And how would relocating stop us sucking anyway?

Recent Topics

Support our community by clicking here and joining our Forum Support Scheme

Can’t log in or access your account?
Send an email to contact@weststigersforum.com and we’ll get you back online.